morihei ueshiba Quotes
Morihei Ueshiba QuotesDate of Death: 1969-04-26 (Saturday, April 26th, 1969)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Atemi accounts for 99% of Aikido.
- I am the Universe.
- Shihonage is the foundation of Aikido. All you ever need to master is shihonage.
- Kicking leaves you momentarily on one foot, and for that moment you are in a very weak position. If you were to be swept off your feet, you would be finished. This is why lifting your feet off the ground is crazy.
- In a real battle, atemi is seventy percent, technique is thirty percent.
- Aikido is Love.
- As your Bujutsu [Martial Technique] training approaches perfection you will be able to detect the suki [opening/weakness] [in your enemy's technique], even before he can, and as if to satisfy some deficiency in him, you can fill the suki with your technique. (p. 26)
- True Budo is practiced not only to destroy an enemy, it must also make him, or his own will, gladly lose his spirit (seishin) to oppose you. (p. 26)
- True Budo is done for the sake of 'building peace'. Train every day so as to make peace between this spirit [Budo] and all things manifested on the face of the Earth. (p. 26)
- When facing the realm of life and death in the form of an enemy's sword, one must be firmly settled in mind and body, and not at all intimidated; without providing your opponent the slightest opening, control his mind in a flash and move where you will - straight, diagonally, or in any other appropriate direction. (p. 31)
- Regarding technique, from ancient times it has been said that movements must fly like lightning and attacks must strike like thunder. (p. 33)
- Always imagine yourself on the battlefield under the fiercest attack; never forget this crucial element of training. (p. 36)
- As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weakens and defeats you.
- Be grateful even for hardship, setbacks, and bad people. Dealing with such obstacles is an essential part of training in the Art of Peace.
- Even the most powerful human being has a limited sphere of strength. Draw him outside of that sphere and into your own, and his strength will dissipate.
- Foster peace in your own life and then apply the Art to all that you encounter.
- If your opponent strikes with fire, counter with water, becoming completely fluid and free-flowing. Water, by its nature, never collides with or breaks against anything. On the contrary, it swallows up any attack harmlessly.
- In our techniques we enter completely into, blend totally with, and control firmly an attack. Strength resides where one's ki is concentrated and stable; confusion and maliciousness arise when ki stagnates.
- In the Art of Peace we never attack. An attack is proof that one is out of control. Never run away from any kind of challenge, but do not try to suppress or control an opponent unnaturally. Let attackers come any way they like and then blend with them. Never chase after opponents. Redirect each attack and get firmly behind it.
- Instructors can impart only a fraction of the teaching. It is through your own devoted practice that the mysteries of the Art of Peace are brought to life.
- Move like a beam of light; Fly like lightning, Strike like thunder, Whirl in circles around A stable center.
- One should be prepared to receive ninety-nine percent of an enemy's attack and stare death right in the face in order to illumine the Path.
- Techniques employ four qualities that reflect the nature of our world. Depending on the circumstance, you should be: hard as a diamond, flexible as a willow, smooth-flowing like water, or as empty as space.
- The Art of Peace is not easy. It is a fight to the finish, the slaying of evil desires and all falsehood within. On occasion the Voice of Peace resounds like thunder, jolting human beings out of their stupor.
- The Art of Peace is the principle of nonresistance. Because it is nonresistant, it is victorious from the beginning. Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing.
- The real Art of Peace is not to sacrifice a single one of your warriors to defeat an enemy. Vanquish your foes by always keeping yourself in a safe and unassailable position; then no one will suffer any losses. The Way of a Warrior, the Art of Politics, is to stop trouble before it starts. It consists in defeating your adversaries spiritually by making them realize the folly of their actions. The Way of a Warrior is to establish harmony.
- There are no contests in the Art of Peace. A true warrior is invincible because he or she contests with nothing. Defeat means to defeat the mind of contention that we harbor within.
- To injure an opponent is to injure yourself. To control aggression without inflicting injury is the Art of Peace.
- When an opponent comes forward, move in and greet him; if he wants to pull back, send him on his way.
- When life is victorious, there is birth; when it is thwarted, there is death. A warrior is always engaged in a life-and-death struggle for Peace.
- When you bow deeply to the universe, it bows back; when you call out the name of God, it echoes inside you.
- May the Kami of Earth and Heaven watch our acts of purification.
- In order to establish heaven on on earth, we need a Budo that is pure in spirit, that is devoid of hatred and greed. It must follow natural principles and harmonize the material with the spiritual. Aikido means not to kill. Although nearly all creeds have a commandment against taking life, most of them justify killing for reason or another. In Aikido, however, we try to completely avoid killing, even the most evil person.
- Aiki is not a technique to fight with or defeat an enemy. It is the way to reconcile the world and make human beings one family.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On April 26th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net