pablo casals Quotes
Pablo Casals QuotesBirth Date: 1876-12-29 (Friday, December 29th, 1876)
Date of Death: 1973-10-22 (Monday, October 22nd, 1973)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- This is the greatest honour I have ever received in my life. Peace has always been my greatest concern. Yet in my childhood I learned to love it. My mother-an exceptional, brilliant woman-used to speak to me about it when I was still a child, because in those years there were also a lot of wars. Moreover, I am Catalan. Catalonia had the first democratic Parliament much before than England. And it was in my country where there was a beginning of united nations. At that time-the eleventh Century-they met in Toluges-today in France-to speak about peace, because the Catalonian people of that time were already against war. That is why, the United Nations, which work only for the ideal of peace, are in my hearth, because everything relating to peace goes directly there.
- I have not played the cello in front of an audience since long years but I think I must do it this time. I am going to play a melody from the Catalonian folklore: The singing of the Birds. Birds, when in the sky, go singing: Peace, peace, peace. And this is a melody that Bach, Beethoven and all great people would have admired and loved. And, in addition, it springs up from the soul of my country: Catalonia.
- The love of one's country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?
- Music is not just sound.
- Maybe music will save the world.
- The most important thing in music is what is not in the notes
- . . . his playing . . . is one of those rare things that may only come once in a lifetime and even not in one person's life, it may be centuries before there is anyone like that again. He is a funny little fellow only about 30 and plays with his eyes shut practically the whole time, every note every pause and tone colour is reflected in his face and to hear him again, to draw the bow across is a revelation.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 29th||Who Also Died On October 22nd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net