peter sellers Quotes
Peter Sellers QuotesDate of Death: 1980-07-24 (Thursday, July 24th, 1980)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Some forms of reality are so horrible we refuse to face them, unless we are trapped into it by comedy. To label any subject unsuitable for comedy is to admit defeat.
- Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle!
- Gentlemen! You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!
- We don't want to start a nuclear war unless we really have to, now do we Jack?
- Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!
- It won't be easy, that is why I have always failed where others have succeeded.
- Conversation like television set on honeymoon... unnecessary.
- No, you see, there is no me. I do not exist ... There used to be a me, but I had it surgically removed.
- I like to watch.
- Finally, in conclusion, let me say just this...
- I feel ghostly unreal until I become somebody else again on the screen.
- I writhe when I see myself on the screen. I'm such a dreadfully clumsy hulking image. I say to myself, 'Why doesn't he get off? Why doesn't he get off?' I mean, I look like such an idiot. Some fat awkward thing dredged up from some third-rate drama company. I must stop thinking about it, otherwise I shan't be able to go on working.
- If you ask me to play myself, I will not know what to do. I do not know who or what I am.
- I'm a classic example of all humorists - only funny when I'm working.
- To see me as a person on screen would be one of the dullest experiences you could ever wish to experience.
- You have to live before you die, or you'll die before you live.
- Peter Sellers, a showbiz baby, was carried onstage two weeks into his life by vaudevillian Dickie Henderson, who encouraged the audience to join him in singing 'For He's a Jolly Good Fellow.' Little Peter instantly burst into tears and the audience erupted into laughter and applause. From Pete's perspective, this emotional scenario was played out more or less consistently until his death in 1980.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On July 24th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net