saddam hussein Quotes
Saddam Hussein QuotesBirth Date: 1937-04-28 (Wednesday, April 28th, 1937)
Date of Death: 2003-07-22 (Tuesday, July 22nd, 2003)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
saddam hussein life timeline
|Iraqi President Hasan al-Bakr resigns and is replaced by Saddam Hussein.||Monday, July 16th, 1979|
|Assassination attempt against former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in Dujail.||Thursday, July 8th, 1982|
|Saddam Hussein appears on Iraqi state television with a number of Western "guests" (actually hostages) to try to prevent the Gulf War.||Thursday, August 23rd, 1990|
|Gulf War: On Baghdad Radio Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein announces the withdrawal of Iraqi troops from Kuwait.||Tuesday, February 26th, 1991|
|A group of Iraqis opposed to the regime of Saddam Hussein take over the Iraqi Embassy in Berlin for five hours before releasing their hostages and giving up.||Tuesday, August 20th, 2002|
|Iraq disarmament crisis: UN Security Council Resolution 1441 - The United Nations Security Council unanimously approves a resolution on Iraq, forcing Saddam Hussein to disarm or face "serious consequences".||Friday, November 8th, 2002|
|U.S. troops capture Baghdad; Saddam Hussein s regime falls two days later.||Monday, April 7th, 2003|
|Members of 101st Airborne of the United States, aided by Special Forces, attack a compound in Iraq, killing Saddam Hussein s sons Uday and Qusay, along with Mustapha Hussein, Qusay s 14-year old son, and a bodyguard.||Tuesday, July 22nd, 2003|
|Former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is captured near his home town of Tikrit (see Operation Red Dawn).||Saturday, December 13th, 2003|
|President George W. Bush announces the capture of Saddam Hussein.||Sunday, December 14th, 2003|
|The Iraqi Governing Council chooses Ayad Allawi, a longtime anti-Saddam Hussein exile, to become prime minister of Iraq s interim government.||Friday, May 28th, 2004|
|Saddam Hussein goes on trial in Baghdad for crimes against humanity.||Wednesday, October 19th, 2005|
|Saddam Hussein, former president of Iraq, and his co-defendants Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti and Awad Hamed al-Bandar are sentenced to death in the al-Dujail trial for the role in the massacre of the 148 Shi as in 1982.||Sunday, November 5th, 2006|
|Saddam Hussein is executed by hanging.||Saturday, December 30th, 2006|
|Barzan Ibrahim al-Tikriti, former Iraqi intelligence chief and half-brother of Saddam Hussein, and Awad Hamed al-Bandar, former chief judge of the Revolutionary Court, are executed by hanging in Iraq.||Monday, January 15th, 2007|
- The most important thing about marriage is that the man must not let the woman feel downtrodden simply because she is a woman and he is a man.
- The great duel, the mother of all battles has begun. The dawn of victory nears as this great showdown begins!
- In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most merciful. Invite all to the way of thy Lord with the wisdom and beautiful preaching, and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious, for the lord knoweth best who have strayed from His path and who receive guidance.
- In the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful. There are those who, on being told: 'Your enemy has mustered a great force against you and so fear them,' they grew more tenacious in their faith and replied: Allah's help is all -sufficient for us. He is the best Protector'. Thus they earned Allah's grace and bounty and no harm befell them. For they had striven to please Allah, whose, bounty is infinite. It is Satan that prompts men to fear his followers. But have no fear of them. Fear Me, if you are true believers. Do not grieve for those that quickly renounce their faith. They will not harm Allah in the least. He seeks to give them no share in the hereafter. Their punishment shall be terrible indeed. God speaks the truth.
- Long live Iraq! Long live the Iraqi people! Down with the traitors!
- I call on you not to hate, because hate does not leave space for a person to be fair and it makes you blind and closes all doors of thinking.
- la ilaha il-Allah, wa Muhammadu... (There is no god but God and Muhammed [is His prophet])
- Should Saddam be considered a condottiere, once in the pay of the U.S. government and then rebellious against his former masters? When war constitutes the global order and when the generals become the highest magistrates, we cannot but expect such developments.
- The images of Saddam Hussein endlessly repeated on our screens before the war (Saddam firing a rifle into the air) made him into some kind of Iraqi Charlton Heston-the president not only of Iraq, but also of the Iraqi Rifle Association. The true interest of these images, however, is that they remind us how the ideological struggle is fought out not only at the level of arguments but also at the level of images: which image will hegemonize a field, and function as the paradigmatic embodiment of an idea, a regime, a problem.
- Vous etes mon ami personnel. Vous etes assure de mon estime, de ma consideration et de mon affection.
- I wish things were like when Ronald Reagan was still president.
- If Israel attacks any Arab country ... we have the means to burn half of Israel.
- Kuwait is an Iraqi territory. It was not an invasion.
- Of the lessons also gained from the history of mankind is the fact that greed and arrogance, when combined, lead the oppressor to do injustice not only to others, but to himself as well; once this combination of greed and arrogance has misled him into a sense of undefeatable capability and power, as he takes the road of falsehood and aggression, committing the most heinous acts and proceeding from that sick imagination, to fall down the precipice and then into hell.
- One of the lessons of recent and distant history is that all empires and bearers of the coffin of evil, whenever they mobilized their evil against the Arab nation, or against the Muslim world, they were themselves buried in their own coffin, with their sick dreams and their arrogance and greed, under Arab and Islamic soil; or they returned to die on the land from which they had proceeded to perpetrate aggression. This has been the case with all empires preceeding our present time.
- You gotta find a good woman. Not too smart, not too dumb. Not too old, not too young. One that can cook and clean.
- I will not return! I will not come to an unjust court! Go to hell!
- That Mummy.
- You are scared of the interior minister. He doesn't scare my dog.
- If your Television is broken, put my picture on it.
- Keep them separated and interrogate them.
- Your Excellency, Mr President: I greet you, in the name of the many thousands of people in Britain who stood against the tide and opposed the war and aggression against Iraq and continue to oppose the war by economic means, which is aimed to strangle the life out of the great people of Iraq.
- We are safer, the region is safer, the world is safer without him.
- As far as Saddam Hussein being a great military strategist, he is neither a strategist, nor is he schooled in the operational arts, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general, nor is he a soldier. Other than that, he's a great military man.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 28th||Who Also Died On July 22nd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net