shigeru miyamoto Quotes
Shigeru Miyamoto QuotesBirth Date: 1952-11-16 (Sunday, November 16th, 1952)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design. I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play.
- A game that keeps a smile on the player's face is a wonderful thing. Nintendo's theme for 2006 will be 'Create new fun.' Spread the fun of games to everyone. To do this, we must return to the beginning, to recapture the essence that made people who enjoy games even now enjoy them in the first place.
- Any new media or industry that grows rapidly is going to be criticized. That's just because the older, more established media have been around, and a lot of adults can be very conservative. They may not have an open mind to new things that weren't around when they were growing up, and are replacing the things they grew up with...over the years I've seen this standard image of a child playing a videogame in which the child is alone in a darkened room, with his face very close to the TV, with the light of the TV reflecting off his face, holding the controller, and just staring at the TV. I'd really like to be able to change that image of videogames into something that's a little more positive.
- Games are a trigger for adults to again become primative, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child.
- I don't know what Mario will look like next; maybe he will wear metallic clothing.
- I don't like all the attention. I think it's better to let my work do the talking.
- The PSP will not be able to display anything that you cannot do on a current system.
- What if everything that you see, is more than what you see? The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it or accept that there is more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is really a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things.
- Necessity is the mother of invention. I love solving things like that. Because there wasn't enough memory, thinking of an economical way to make the movements look right was like solving a puzzle, and I had a lot of fun.
- Controller is so intuitive, even your mum can play.
- I would say the games that we're working on now, like the new Zelda: Twilight Princess, have hardcore content. And if you look at the Revolution's controllers, there's a nunchaku-style controller expansion that's really well suited to first-person shooters.
- Originally, I wanted a machine that would cost $100. My idea was to spend nothing on the console technology so all the money could be spent on improving the interface and software. If we hadn't used NAND flash memory [to store data such as games and photos] and other pricey parts, we might have succeeded.
- Why can't videogames tell a story?
- A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.
- I don't let Mario just appear in any kind of game. Mario could not appear in Zelda games. They are two distinct game worlds.
- I think I can make an entirely new game experience, and if I can't do it, some other game designer will.
- I'm not a nice guy. If I was a nice guy I'd just slide up to people and say 'Why don't you do this?', but no, sometimes you have to bite down and show that, like, 'I'm stroonng!'
- Nintendo is the company which makes the most innovative products. I am not sure that I would be able to make games like that elsewhere. At Nintendo I can make the games which I want.
- Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock 'n' roll.
- We don't pay a whole lot of attention to the Internet until people have played the game - then we pay a lot of attention to whether people liked it, ... We read through it and see it, but we don't take it into consideration. ... [The Internet] is not going to dictate the direction of where the game goes.
- We've just finished that, but we can make it better!
- What role does realism play in videogames I ask myself. Is this image more interesting? Sometimes.. however, what if a 'detailed' hand with 5 fingers is catching a bottle but the fingers pass right through it? Is this still realistic? Rather than to show each meticulous and tiny detail of a finger, it is more important to make the end action look more credible by working on the movement and functionality of the arms and the hand in relation to the object.
- Too many powerful consoles can't coexist. It's like having only ferocious dinosaurs. They might fight and hasten their own extinction.
- I'm not him [Link].
- It's an interesting product and, actually, it has something in common with Nintendo's philosophy. To tell the truth there are a couple of things I would change in the iPhone...
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 16th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net