thomas campbell Quotes
Thomas Campbell QuotesBirth Date: 1763-02-01 (Tuesday, February 1st, 1763)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- On the green banks of Shannon, when Sheelah was nigh, No blithe Irish lad was so happy as I; No harp like my own could so cheerily play, And wherever I went was my poor dog Tray.
- 'Tis the sunset of life gives me mystical lore, And coming events cast their shadows before.
- The combat deepens. On, ye brave, Who rush to glory or the grave! Wave, Munich! all thy banners wave, And charge with all thy chivalry!
- There was silence deep as death, And the boldest held his breath, For a time.
- Ye are brothers! ye are men! And we conquer but to save.
- Oh, how hard it is to find The one just suited to our mind!
- Oh leave this barren spot to me! Spare, woodman, spare the beechen tree!
- A stoic of the woods-a man without a tear.
- Oh! once the harp of Innisfail Was strung full high to notes of gladness; But yet it often told a tale Of more prevailing sadness.
- Our bugles sang truce, for the night-cloud had lower'd, And the sentinel stars set their watch in the sky; And thousands had sunk on the ground overpower'd, The weary to sleep, and the wounded to die.
- A chieftain to the Highlands bound Cries, 'Boatman, do not tarry! And I'll give thee a silver pound To row us o'er the ferry!'
- 'Now who be ye would cross Lochgyle, This dark and stormy water?' 'O I'm the chief of Ulva's isle, And this, Lord Ullin's daughter.
- 'Come back! come back!' he cried in grief 'Across this stormy water; And I'll forgive your Highland chief, My daughter! O my daughter!'
- 'Tis distance lends enchantment to the view, And robes the mountain in its azure hue.
- Hope, for a season, bade the world farewell, And Freedom shrieked-as Kosciusko fell!
- Who hath not owned, with rapture-smitten frame, The power of grace, the magic of a name?
- And muse on Nature with a poet's eye.
- Cease, every joy, to glimmer on my mind, But leave, oh! leave the light of Hope behind! What though my winged hours of bliss have been Like angels visits, few and far between.
- Ye mariners of England, That guard our native seas; Whose flag has braved, a thousand years, The battle and the breeze!
- While the battle rages loud and long, And the stormy winds do blow.
- Britannia needs no bulwarks, No towers along the steep; Her march is o'er the mountain waves, Her home is on the deep.
- The meteor flag of England Shall yet terrific burn, Till danger's troubled night depart, And the star of peace return.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 1st||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net