thomas moore Quotes
Thomas Moore QuotesBirth Date: 1779-05-28 (Friday, May 28th, 1779)
Date of Death: 1852-02-25 (Wednesday, February 25th, 1852)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Faintly as tolls the evening chime, Our voices keep tune and our oars keep time.
- A Persian's heaven is easily made: 'Tis but black eyes and lemonade.
- Oft, in the stilly night, Ere Slumber's chain has bound me, Fond Memory brings the light Of other days around me; The smiles, the tears, Of boyhood's years, The words of love then spoken; The eyes that shone, Now dimm'd and gone, The cheerful hearts now broken!
- I feel like one, Who treads alone Some banquet-hall deserted, Whose lights are fled, Whose garlands dead, And all but he departed!
- What though youth gave love and roses, Age still leaves us friends and wine.
- Sound the loud timbrel o'er Egypt's dark sea! Jehovah has triumphed-his people are free.
- Oh, call it by some better name, For friendship sounds too cold.
- Go where glory waits thee, But while fame elates thee, Oh! still remember me!
- Oh! breathe not his name, let it sleep in the shade, Where cold and unhonour'd his relics are laid.
- And the tear that we shed, though in secret it rolls, Shall long keep his memory green in our souls.
- The harp that once through Tara's Hall The soul of music shed, Now hangs as mute on Tara's wall As if that soul were fled.
- Rich and rare were the gems she wore, And a bright gold ring on her wand she bore.
- Believe me, if all those endearing young charms Which I gaze on so fondly to-day, Were to change by to-morrow and fleet in my arms, Like fairy gifts fading away. Thou wouldst still be adored as this moment thou art, Let thy loveliness fade as it will, And around the dear ruin each wish of my heart, Would entwine itself verdantly still.
- But there's nothing half so sweet in life As love's young dream.
- Eyes of unholy blue.
- 'Tis the last rose of Summer, Left blooming alone; All her lovely companions Are faded and gone.
- The Minstrel-Boy to the war is gone In the ranks of death you will find him His father's sword he hath girded on And his wild harp slung behind him.
- And the best of all ways To lengthen our days Is to steal a few hours from the night, my dear!
- You may break, you may shatter the vase, if you will, But the scent of the roses will hang round it still.
- No eye to watch, and no tongue to wound us All earth forgot, and all heaven around us.
- The light that lies In woman's eyes, Has been my heart's undoing.
- My only books Were woman's looks, And folly's all they've taught me.
- There's a bower of roses by Bendemeer's stream, And the nightingale sings round it all the day long; In the time of my childhood 'twas like a sweet dream, To sit in the roses and hear the bird's song.
- Some flow'rets of Eden ye still inherit, But the trail of the serpent is over them all.
- Oh! ever thus from childhood's hour I've seen my fondest hopes decay; I never loved a tree or flower, But 'twas the first to fade away. I never nurst a dear gazelle To glad me with its soft black eye But when it came to know me well And love me it was sure to die!
- Like Dead Sea fruits, that tempt the eye, But turn to ashes on the lips.
- Paradise itself were dim And joyless, if not shared with him!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 28th||Who Also Died On February 25th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net