tomoyuki yamashita Quotes
Tomoyuki Yamashita QuotesBirth Date: 1885-11-08 (Sunday, November 8th, 1885)
Date of Death: 1946-02-23 (Saturday, February 23rd, 1946)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I was carrying out my duty, as the Japanese high commander of the Japanese Army in the Philippine Islands, to control my army with the best of my ability during wartime. Until now, I believe that I have tried my best for my army. As I said in the Manila Supreme Court that I have done everything with all my capacity, so I wouldn't be ashamed in front of the Gods for what I have done when I have died. But if you say to me 'you do not have any ability to command the Japanese Army,' I should say nothing in response, because it is my own nature. Now, our war criminal trial is going on in the Manila Supreme Court, so I wish to be justified under your kindness and righteousness. I know that all your American military affairs always have had tolerant and rightful judgment. When I had been investigated in the Manila court, I have had good treatment, a kind attitude from your good-natured officers who protected me all the time. I will never forget what they have done for me even if I die. I don't blame my executioners. I'll pray that the Gods bless them. Please send my thankful word to Col. Clarke and Lt. Col. Feldhaus, Lt. Col. Hendrix, Maj. Guy, Capt. Sandburg, Capt. Reel, at Manila court, and Col. Arnard. I thank you. I pray for the Emperor's long life and prosperity forever.
- How could we win when you had all that?
- We have just received your reply. The Japanese Army will consider nothing but surrender.
- In order to carry out orders from the southern army I sent 50,000 troops to Leyte, but due to air and submarine attacks half of them were lost.
- All I want to hear from you is Yes or No!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 8th||Who Also Died On February 23rd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net