trent lott Quotes
Trent Lott QuotesBirth Date: 1941-10-09 (Thursday, October 9th, 1941)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
trent lott life timeline
|US Senator Trent Lott resigns as majority leader.||Friday, December 20th, 2002|
- 'This is not the way it has been done. We would never surprise each other ... It's not to say that there's not important information that we could discuss or would be discussed in secret or closed session, but I'm astounded by this. I don't really know what the tenor of this is, what is the justification for it and why this extreme approach was used.'
- 'I want to say this about my state: When Strom Thurmond ran for president, we voted for him. We're proud of it. And if the rest of the country had followed our lead, we wouldn't have had all these problems over the years, either.'
- 'I've already seen enough. Why would I want to go see a bunch of perverted pictures?'
- 'I am an advocate of having a gold dollar with Reagan's picture on it, and calling it the Ronnie. The Canadians have the Loonie, and we can have the Ronnie.'
- 'I'm sure you petroleum folks understand that solar power will solve all our problems. How much money have we blown on that? This is the hippies' program from the seventies and they're still pushing this stuff.'
- 'I don't agree with the libertarians. I want my security first. I'll deal with all the details after that.'
- 'Why do they kill people of other religions because of religion? Why do they hate the Israelis and despise their right to exist? Why do they hate each other? Why do Sunnis kill Shiites? How do they tell the difference? They all look the same to me.'
- '[Congress] is not the British Parliament, and I hope it never will become the British Parliament... Are we going to bring the president in here and have a question period like the prime minister has in Great Britain?'
- 'The filibuster of federal district and circuit judges cannot stand. ... It's bad for the institution. It's wrong. It's not supportable under the Constitution. And if they insist on persisting with these filibusters, I'm perfectly prepared to blow the place up. No problem.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 9th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net