walt kelly Quotes
Walt Kelly QuotesBirth Date: 1913-08-25 (Monday, August 25th, 1913)
Date of Death: 1973-10-19 (Friday, October 19th, 1973)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Looking back on things, the view always improves.
- We have met the enemy and he is us.
- Don't take life so serious, son, it ain't nohow permanent.
- Eventually every man gotta face the problem of tryin' to figger if it's worthwhile to prove that he is himself.
- The best break anybody ever gets is in bein' alive in the first place. An' you don't unnerstan' what a perfect deal it is until you realizes that you ain't gone be stuck with it forever, either.
- Thar's only two possibilities: Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are, or we're the most intelligent life in the universe. Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought.
- (Albert:) 'I'd give them a piece of my mind if I could find it! I mean, them!' (Porky Pine, to Pogo:) 'Y'know, ol' Albert leads a life of noisy desperation.'
- Ever since I heard you is got a million dollars I notice you is fraught with perspicacity.
- Foo, a beautiful gal wastes her time gracin' up this swamp.
- I'll tell you, son, the minority got us out-numbered!
- So we got fifty percent. Babe Ruth didn't do no better. - Did you mean hittin' it... or throwin' it?
- Some is more equal than others, as is well known.
- The natural born reason we didn't git no yew-ranium when we crosses the li'l yew tree and the gee-ranium is on account of cause we didn't have no geiger counter.
- Halp! My powerful brain is blowed itself up!
- Y'see, when you start to lick a national problem you have to go after the fundamentables. You want to cut down air pollution? Cut down the original source... Breathin! ~ Churchy to Howland
- Deck us all with Boston Charlie Walla Walla, Wash, and Kalamazoo! Nora's freezin' on the trolley, Swaller dollar cauliflower Alleygaroo! Don't we know archaic barrel, Lullaby Lilla Boy, Louisville Lou. Trolley Molly don't love Harold, Boola Boola Pensacoola Hullabaloo!
- Reciprovocation is the spites of life.
- Romeo wasn't bilked in a day.
- I carry the hose.
- Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing.
- Given three strikes, the truth will out.
- God is not dead - he is merely unemployed...
- Having lost sight of our objectives, we redoubled our efforts.
- I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
- If you wants to get elected president, you've got to think up some memorable homily so's school kids can be pestered into memorizin' it, even if they don't know what it means.
- In like a dimwit, out like a light.
- Knowledge and meaning can be too earnestly sought after. for the boy who, blind or helpless, can lie around and find moonlight and dancing girls going about their business in the secrecy of his mind alone.
- Learn to laugh at your troubles and you'll never run out of things to laugh at.
- Look alive. Here comes a buzzard. ~ Miz Beaver
- My bug brain is ever whirrin.
- Pogo is 'the reasonably patient, soft-hearted, naive, friendly little person we all think we are'
- The Now is alive with a curious life which defies the descriptive powers of such divers as swim ahead of the swine in search of pearls.
- We are confronted with insurmountable opportunities.
- Variant: We are surrounded by insurmountable opportunity.
- We gotta make democracy safe for the world.
- What's good about March? Well, for one thing, it keeps February and April apart.
- Women aren't as mere as they used to be.
- If I could only write, I'd write a nasty letter to the mayor, if he could only read.
- A parade is the worst form of transportation known to man.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 25th||Who Also Died On October 19th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net