willard van orman quine Quotes
Willard van Orman Quine QuotesBirth Date: 1908-06-25 (Thursday, June 25th, 1908)
Date of Death: 2000-12-25 (Monday, December 25th, 2000)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Nonbeing must in some sense be, otherwise what is it that there is not? This tangled doctrine might be nicknamed Plato's beard; historically it has proved tough, frequently dulling the edge of Occam's razor.
- To be is to be the value of a bound variable.
- Creatures inveterately wrong in their inductions have a pathetic but praise-worthy tendency to die before reproducing their kind.
- Wyman's overpopulated universe is in many ways unlovely. It offends the aesthetic sense of us who have a taste for desert landscapes.
- The word 'definition' has come to have a dangerously reassuring sound, owing no doubt to its frequent occurrence in logical and mathematical writings.'
- Our argument is not flatly circular, but something like it. It has the form, figuratively speaking, of a closed curve in space.
- A fancifully fancyless medium of unvarnished news.
- 'Yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation' yields falsehood when preceded by its quotation.
- We cannot stem linguistic change, but we can drag our feet. If each of us were to defy Alexander Pope and be the last to lay the old aside, it might not be a better world, but it would be a lovelier language.
willard van orman quine
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On June 25th||Who Also Died On December 25th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net