Notice: Undefined variable: author in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 7
winthrop mackworth praed Quotes
Notice: Undefined variable: file in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 38
Winthrop Mackworth Praed QuotesDate of Death: 1839-07-15 (Monday, July 15th, 1839)
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- And oh! I shall find how, day by day, All thoughts and things look older; How the laugh of pleasure grows less gay, And the heart of friendship colder.
- She was our queen, our rose, our star; And then she danced-O Heaven, her dancing!
- Some lie beneath the churchyard stone, And some before the speaker.
- I remember, I remember How my childhood fleeted by,- The mirth of its December And the warmth of its July.
- His partners at the whist-club said That he was faultless in his dealings.
- Dame Fortune is a fickle gipsy, And always blind, and often tipsy; Sometimes for years and years together, She 'll bless you with the sunniest weather, Bestowing honour, pudding, pence, You can't imagine why or whence;- Then in a moment-Presto, pass!- Your joys are withered like the grass;
- John Bull was beat at Waterloo! They'll swear to that in France.
- Of science and logic he chatters, As fine and as fast as he can; Though I am no judge of such matters, I'm sure he's a talented man.
winthrop mackworth praed
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_birthdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
|Who Also Died On July 15th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net