- Bring me men to match my mountains, Bring me men to match my plains, Men with empires in their purpose, And new eras in their brains.
- We felt the universe wuz safe, an' God wuz on his throne.
- The sweet mellifluous milking of the cow.
- He had a startling genius, but somehow it did n't emerge; Always on the evolution of things that would n't evolve; Always verging toward some climax, but he never reached the verge; Always nearing the solution of some theme he could not solve.
- There are purple grapes in the Land of Git-Thare.
- I say the very things that make the greatest Stir An' the most interestin' things, are things that did n't occur.
- Strew gladness on the paths of men- You will not pass this way again.
- A hundred thousand men were led By one calf near three centuries dead; They followed still his crooked way And lost a hundred years a day; For thus such reverence is lent To well-established precedent.
sam walter foss