albert kesselring Quotes
Albert Kesselring QuotesBirth Date: 1881-08-08 (Monday, August 8th, 1881)
Date of Death: 1960-07-16 (Saturday, July 16th, 1960)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- A soldier's first duty is to obey, otherwise you might as well do away with soldiering.
- War is possible only if you have a lot of enemies. If all the enemies get together and form one front - if you cut down the number of enemies - there would be no war.
- I have always had plenty of friends, and now at age sixty, I face four walls as a common prisoner.
- A military leader often faces a situation he has to deal with, but because it is his duty, no court can try him.
- Understanding of other nations does not mean a feeling against your own country. That's the whole trouble with Germans. They can see only their own country, the local church steeples only. If only German youth could go abroad, and youth from other countries come to Germany. You always have to have criticism if you wish to become better.
- The partisan situation in the Italian theater, particularly central Italy, has deteriorated to such an extent that it constitutes a serious danger to troops, supply lines, war industry and economic potential. The fight against the partisans must be carried out with all means at our disposal and with utmost severity. I will protect any commander who exceeds our usual restraint in the choice of methods in executing one's orders is better than failure or neglect to act.
- Allied air power was the greatest single reason for the German defeat.
- It is the duty of all troops and police in my command to adopt the severest measures. Every act of violence committed by partisans must be punished immediately. Reports submitted must also give details of countermeasures taken. Wherever there is evidence of a considerable number of partisan groups a proportion of the male population of the area will be arrested, and in the event of an act of violence being committed these men will be shot.
- ...it was nearly a crime that they came launch to the attack, mainly because they were incapable of counterattack... and they fell, one after the other, easy prey under the Germanic blows of hunting.
- It would have been easier to fight alone with inadequate forces than to have to accept...responsibility for our ally's lack of fighting qualities and dubious loyalty.
- About mid-day, Kesselring telephones me and tells me that we shall probably have to wait three or four days before our large-scale counter-measures begin to get under way. Until then there can be no major shift of developments in our favour. Kesselring is nevertheless in good heart. He is assured and full of character in his estimate of the situation and there is not a trace of defeatism with him. He tells me also that the attitude of the civil population has somewhat improved under the influence of our propaganda.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 8th||Who Also Died On July 16th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net