bernard baruch Quotes
Bernard Baruch QuotesBirth Date: 1870-08-19 (Friday, August 19th, 1870)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
bernard baruch life timeline
|Bernard Baruch coins the term "Cold War" to describe the relationship between the United States and the Soviet Union.||Wednesday, April 16th, 1947|
- America has never forgotten - and never will forget - the nobler things that brought her into being and that light her path - the path that was entered upon only one hundred and fifty years ago ... How young she is! It will be centuries before she will adopt that maturity of custom - the clothing of the grave - that some people believe she is already fitted for.
- Behind the black portent of the new atomic age lies a hope which, seized upon with faith, can work out salvation ... Let us not deceive ourselves: we must elect world peace or world destruction.
- Let us not be deceived - we are today in the midst of a cold war. Our enemies are to be found abroad and at home. Let us never forget this: Our unrest is the heart of their success. The peace of the world is the hope and the goal of our political system; it is the despair and defeat of those who stand against us.
- Although the shooting war is over, we are in the midst of a cold war which is getting warmer.
- Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.
- There are no such things as incurable, there are only things for which man has not found a cure.
- To me, old age is always fifteen years older than I am.
- I am quite sure that in the hereafter she will take me by the hand and lead me to my proper seat.
- I am interested in physical medicine because my father was. I am interested in medical research because I believe in it. I am interested in arthritis because I have it.
- Vote for the man who promises least; he'll be the least disappointing.
- A political leader must keep looking over his shoulder all the time to see if the boys are still there. If they aren't still there, he's no longer a political leader.
- I'm not smart. I try to observe. Millions saw the apple fall but Newton was the one who asked why.
- A speculator is a man who observes the future, and acts before it occurs.
- Don't try to buy at the bottom and sell at the top. It can't be done except by liars.
- Every man has a right to be wrong in his opinions. But no man has a right to be wrong about his facts.
- I made my money by selling too soon.
- I never lost money by turning a profit.
- If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
- If you get all the facts, your judgment can be right. If you don't get all the facts, it can't be right.
- In the last analysis, our only freedom is the freedom to discipline ourselves.
- The main purpose of the stock market is to make fools of as many men as possible.
- We can't cross that bridge until we come to it, but I always like to lay down a pontoon ahead of time.
- We did not all come over on the same ship, but we are all in the same boat.
- Age is only a number, a cipher for the records. A man can't retire his experience. He must use it.
- I am a speculator. The word comes from the Latin speculari, which means 'observe.' I observe.
- It will fluctuate ...when asked what the market would do. Widely attributed to Baruch, this quote actually originated with J. P. Morgan.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 19th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net