- 'Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second.'
- 'Bill was so strong it was unbelievable. You couldn't shake him off the ball. It didn't matter where he was playing, though I suppose his best position was outside-left. He could go round you, or past you, or even straight through you sometimes!'
- 'Hey boss, do you think I look like a caveman?' - 'I don't know about that, but you bloody play like one.'
- 'You may have found me mean and thirsty in my search for trophies, but the bad news is the man who is taking my place is hungrier than me. Fagan's the name and I don't think he'll need any help from the Artful Dodger!'
- 'I just hoped that after the trials and tribulations of my early years in management, someone up high would smile on me and guide my hand. My plea was answered when we got Kenny Dalglish. What a player, what a great professional!'
- 'I'll tell you something, they shot the wrong bloody Kennedy!'
- 'I owe Bob more than I owe anybody else in the game. There will never be another like him.' ** Notes: Kenny Dalglish on Bob Paisley
- 'I go by records and Bob Paisley is the No 1 manager ever!'
- 'Liverpool wouldn't be the club it is today without Bill Shankly and Bob Paisley and the players who played there. When I first went there it was a typical Second Division ground and look at it now!'
- 'If Shankly was the Anfield foreman, Paisley was the brickie, ready to build an empire with his own hands.'
- 'I was Bob's first signing. He changed my life, as he did so many others. He gave us great memories and you can't put a price on that. He made me an adopted scouser.'
- 'Bob's knowledge of players and the game in general is unsurpassed. Football has known no equal in management or prize-winning, but his modesty and dignity were overwhelming as he led this club from one triumph to another. His name will always be synonymous with Liverpool.'