charles barkley Quotes
Charles Barkley QuotesBirth Date: 1963-02-20 (Wednesday, February 20th, 1963)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Can I Play??
- I'm not a role model.
- I don't know much about Angola, but I know one thing, they're in a lot of trouble.
- You know it's gone to hell, when the best rapper out there is a white guy and the best golfer is a black guy.
- Kids are great. That's one of the best things about our business, all the kids you get to meet. It's a shame they have to grow up to be regular people and come to the games and call you names.
- Anytime a fan touches you, you have the right to beat the hell out of him.
- I'd have played against him (Len Bias) for the next 14 years. I would have been in my prime and he would have been in his. I'll never forget what he looked like. He was a 'Wow!' player. When Maryland played and was on television, I watched. It was like, 'I need to watch this guy; I'll be seeing him real soon.' . . . It was just shocking. Thing is, cocaine was huge then. My brother had been in and out of rehab. . . . It was a popular drug at the time. And guys I was playing against, like John Lucas and Michael Ray Richardson and John Drew had done cocaine. I was thinking: 'What the hell is up with this cocaine? I should try this once to see what it was all about.' Then, we heard the reports were that Bias only used it once . . . that it was his first time. When I heard that, it scared me to death . . . scared the daylights out of me. It scared me into not trying it even once, not going anywhere near it.
- Only poor people go to jail.
- (When asked how many three pointers he made in his career) Now why the hell would I know that?
- I ain't never seen cranberry juice without vodka in it.
- It's called survival of the fittest. If you can slam with the best, jam with the rest.
- I love New York City; I've got a gun.
- I don't care what people think. People are stupid.
- I figure if I kill the first one, word will get out. (on how he plans to handle his daughter being old enough to date)
- Do I have a gambling problem? I do have a gambling problem, but it's not really a problem because I can afford to gamble.
- If you go out with a girl and they say she has a great personality, she's ugly. If they tell you a guy works hard, he can't play a lick. Same thing.
- All I know is, as long as I led the Southeastern Conference in scoring, my grades would be fine. (regarding maintaining his GPA while at Auburn)
- This is my schedule: I wake up in the morning, decide where to play golf and drink beer all day
- Bunch of high school kids with $70 million contracts. Damn! I hate my mother for having me too soon! (on the influx of high-schoolers into the NBA)
- I'm still trying to get my grandmother off her old behind and into the Olympics. Why not? She can dust. (on the sport of curling)
- (To Kenny Smith when he arrived late) When we say 'Be on at 7 o'clock,' that don't mean black-folk time.
- Almost all those politicians took money from Enron, and there they are holding hearings. That's like O.J. Simpson getting in the Rae Carruth jury pool.
- It's kinda great to see the Celtics doin well again 'cause that was so much fun in my day to go to the Boston Garden and they spit at you and throw things at you and talk about your mom. It sounds like dinner at Kenny Smith's house.
- I heard Tonya Harding is calling herself the Charles Barkley of figure skating. I was going to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized I have no character.
- These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
- (Charles in response to Kenny Smith's jokes about his weight) I am not fat, it's the camera, it puts on 10 pounds. (Kenny Smith) Well, there must be a whole lot of cameras!
- Sports are not for old guys, this ain't baseball.
- I voice my opinion, if people don't like it they know what they can kiss.
- I don't use numbers, I use logic.
- People always ask me if I had any regrets in my career, remember when I threw that guy out the window, I regret I was on the first floor''
- That's wronger than ketchup on pancakes.
- If you are afraid of failure you don't deserve to be successful! (NBA 100 Greatest Moments)
- (On a Nate Robinson during the 2006 NBA Dunk Contest) I like him, because everything he does he does is symbolism. Like I can come up behind you and slap you upside the head, or I can come up on you with an altoid... I'm not that drunk. Just playing, I haven't been drinking.
- You a knucklehead. (an insult he used frequently)
- I don't care what you call it, any sport you have to wear a helmet for is not damn safe. (Referring to a new trick invented by Tony Hawk in the X Games).
- And that's way I don't eat shrimp(Refering to a T-Moble commercial).
- (Refering to the upcoming Celtics/Cavs playoff series)Kevin Garnett is going to have to cover LeBron James. (Kenny Smith asks why Paul Pierce can't cover LeBron) Nope, not strong enough!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On February 20th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net