charlotte perkins gilman Quotes
Charlotte Perkins Gilman Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- The mother as a social servant instead of a home servant will not lack in true mother duty.... From her work, loved and honored though it is, she will return to her home life, the child life, with an eager, ceaseless pleasure, cleansed of all the fret and fraction and weariness that so mar it now.
- There is no female mind. The brain is not an organ of sex. As well speak of a female liver.
- To-day there is hardly a woman of intelligence in all America ... who is not definitely and actively concerned in some social interest, who does not recognize some duty besides those incident to her own blood relationship.
- The labor of women in the house, certainly, enables men to produce more wealth than they otherwise could; and in this way women are economic factors in society. But so are horses.
- Only as we live, think, feel, and work outside the home, do we become humanly developed, civilized, socialized.
- A million million worlds that move in peace; A million mighty laws that never cease; And one small ant-heap, hidden by small weeds, Rich with eggs, slaves and store of millet-seeds. They sleep beneath the sod And trust in God.
- Said I, in scorn all burning hot, In rage and anger high, 'You ignominious idiot, Those wings are made to fly!'
- I do not want to be a fly, I want to be a worm!
charlotte perkins gilman
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net