colley cibber Quotes
Colley Cibber QuotesDate of Death: 1757-11-12 (Saturday, November 12th, 1757)
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- As good be out of the world as out of the fashion.
- Prithee don't screw your wit beyond the compass of good manners.
- We shall find no fiend in hell can match the fury of a disappointed woman,-scorned, slighted, dismissed without a parting pang.
- Possession is eleven points in the law.
- Words are but empty thanks.
- Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.
- The aspiring youth that fired the Ephesian dome Outlives in fame the pious fool that rais'd it.
- Off with his head-; so much for Buckingham.
- Perish that thought! No, never be it said That Fate itself could awe the soul of Richard. Hence, babbling dreams! you threaten here in vain! Conscience, avaunt! Richard 's himself again! Hark! the shrill trumpet sounds to horse! away! My soul 's in arms, and eager for the fray.
- This business will never hold water.
- Old houses mended, Cost little less than new before they're ended.
- Oh, how many torments lie in the small circle of a wedding ring!
- Tea! Thou soft, thou sober, sage, and venerable liquid, thou innocent pretence for bringing the wicked of both sexes together in a morning; thou female tongue-running, smile-smoothing, heart- opening, wink-tipping cordial, to whose glorious insipidity I owe the happiest moment of my life, let me fall prostrate thus, and ... adore thee.
- Stolen sweets are best.
- O say what is this thing call'd Light, Which I must ne'er enjoy
- Then let not what I cannot have My cheer of mind destroy. Whilst thus I sing, I am a king, Although a poor blind boy!
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On November 12th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net