percival lowell Quotes
Percival Lowell QuotesBirth Date: 1855-03-13 (Tuesday, March 13th, 1855)
Date of Death: 1916-11-12 (Sunday, November 12th, 1916)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Are physical forces alone at work there, or has evolution begotten something more complex, something not unakin to what we know on Earth as life?
- The whole object of science is to synthesize, and so simplify; and did we but know the uttermost of a subject we could make it singularly clear.
- Formulae are the anaethetics of thought, not its stimulants.
- That Mars is inhabited by beings of some sort or other we may consider as certain as it is uncertain what these beings may be.
- War is a survival among us from savage times and affects now chiefly the the boyish and unthinking element of the nation.
- So far as thought may peer into the past, the epic of our solar system began with a great catastrophe. Two suns met. What had been, ceased; what was to be, arose. Fatal to both progenitors, the event dated a stupendous cosmic birth.
- In the great desert of northern Arizona the traveller, threading his way across a sage-brush and cacti plain shut in by abrupt-sided shelves of land rising here and there some hundreds of feet higher, suddenly comes upon a petrified forest.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 13th||Who Also Died On November 12th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net