dr. seuss Quotes
Dr. Seuss QuotesBirth Date: 1904-03-02 (Wednesday, March 2nd, 1904)
Date of Death: 1991-09-24 (Tuesday, September 24th, 1991)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- You make 'em, I amuse 'em.
- Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age. Humor has a tremendous place in this sordid world. It's more than just a matter of laughing. If you can see things out of whack, then you can see how things can be in whack.
- Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
- I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope, which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- And that is a story that no one can beat, When I say that I saw it on Mulberry Street.
- I meant what I said, and I said what I meant An elephant's faithful, One hundred percent.
- On the fifteenth of May, in the Jungle of Nool, In the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool, He was splashing... enjoying the jungle's great joys... When Horton the elephant heard a small noise.
- A person's a person, no matter how small.
- 'My friends!', cried the elephant. 'Tell me! Do tell! Are you safe? Are you sound? Are you whole? Are you well?'
- 'You're going to be roped! And you're going to be caged! And, as for your dust speck -- hah! That we shall boil in a hot steaming kettle of Beezle-Nut Oil!'
- 'Don't give up! I believe in you all. A person's a person, no matter how small! And you very small persons will not have to die If you make yourselves heard! So come on, now, and TRY!'
- 'This', cried the Mayor, 'is your town's darkest hour! The time for all Whos who have blood that is red To come to the aid of their country!', he said. 'We've GOT to make noises in greater amounts! So, open your mouth, lad! For every voice counts!'
- Oh the things you can find If you don't stay behind!
- In the places I go there are things that I see That I never could spell if I stopped with the Z. I'm telling you this 'cause you're one of my friends. My alphabet starts where your alphabet ends!
- So, on beyond Z! It's high time you were shown That you really don't know All there is to be known.
- The sun did not shine. It was too wet to play. So we sat in the house All that cold, cold, wet day.
- We looked! Then we saw him Step in on the mat! We looked! And we saw him! The Cat in the Hat!
- 'Maybe Christmas', he thought, 'doesn't come from a store.' 'Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more!'
- In Who-ville they say That the Grinch's small heart Grew three sizes that day!
- And today the great Yertle, that Marvelous he, Is King of the Mud. That is all he can see. And the turtles, of course... all the turtles are free As turtles and, maybe, all creatures should be.
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.
- If you never did You should. These things are fun. These things are good.
- Sam I am I am Sam I am Sam Sam I am.
- I would not like them here or there. I would not like them anywhere. I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them Sam I Am.
- 'Mister!', he said with a sawdusty sneeze, 'I am the Lorax, I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues, And I'm asking you, sir, at the top of my lungs' -- He was very upset as he shouted and puffed -- 'What's that THING you've made out of my Truffula tuft?'
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
- Catch! calls the Once-ler. He lets something fall. It's a Truffula Seed. It's the last one of all! You're in charge of the last of the Truffula Seeds. And Truffula Trees are what everyone needs. Plant a new Truffula. Treat it with care. Give it clean water. And feed it fresh air. Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack. Then the Lorax and all of his friends may come back.
- Now all that was left 'neath the bad-smelling sky was my big empty factory... the Lorax... and I.
- And suppose that you lived In that forest in France Where the average young person Just hasn't a chance To escape from the perilous Pants eating plants!
- The more that you read, The more things you will know. The more that you learn, The more places you'll go.
- Young cat! If you keep Your eyes open enough, Oh, the stuff you will learn! The most wonderful stuff!
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go.
- You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed. You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead. Wherever you fly, you'll be the best of the best. Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.
- I'm sorry to say so But, sadly it's true That bang-ups and hang-ups Can happen to you.
- On an on we will hike, And I know we'll hike far and face up to our problems whatever they are. We'll get mixed up of course, as we already know. We'll get mixed up with many strange birds as we go. Let's be sure when we step. Step with care and great tact And remember that Life's a great balancing act. Let's never forget to be dexterous and deft. And never mix up our right foot with our left.
- Will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
- Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
- Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 2nd||Who Also Died On September 24th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net