edgar lee masters Quotes
Edgar Lee Masters QuotesBirth Date: 1868-08-23 (Sunday, August 23rd, 1868)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- In my Spanish cloak, And old slouch hat, And overshoes of felt, And Tyke, my faithful dog, And my knotted hickory cane, I slipped about with a bull's-eye lantern From door to door on the square
- Blind as I was, I tried to get out As the carriage fell in the ditch, And was caught in the wheels and killed.
- Go by reverently, and read with sober care How a great people, riding with defiant shouts The centaur of Revolution, Spurred and whipped to frenzy, Shook with terror, seeing the mist of the sea Over the precipice they were nearing, And fell from his back in precipitate awe To celebrate the Feast of the Supreme Being.
- And when you are poor and have to carry The Christian creed and wife and children All on your back, it is too much! That's why I made the Elixir of Youth, Which landed me in the jail at Peoria Branded a swindler and a crook By the upright Federal Judge!
- You may think, passer-by, that Fate Is a pit-fall outside of yourself, Around which you may walk by the use of foresight And wisdom.
edgar lee masters
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 23rd||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net