river phoenix Quotes
River Phoenix QuotesBirth Date: 1970-08-23 (Sunday, August 23rd, 1970)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- We need an extreme movement because what is happening to animals is so extreme. Some misinformed people claim that animal rights activists are terrorists, but these people are simply ignorant of who the real terrorists are - the companies and industries that torture literally billions of animals each year.
- If I have some celebrity, I hope I can use it to make a difference. The true social reward is that I can speak my mind and share my thoughts about the environment and civilization itself. There's so much shit happening with people who are exploiting their positions and creating a lot of negativity.
- I wish sometimes I wasn't as conscientious as I am.
- I project a definite innocence. A lot of that is just the way I grew up.
- I would get songs sung to me, like 'Old Man River', or kids would call me Mississippi and things like that. At the time, I wished I had a name that blended in more with my surroundings. Now, though, I've really learned to love it. From fifteen, I really liked it. It felt appropriate. Before that, I don't think it quite fitted me. I had to grow into it .
- Sometimes I hear stuff like 'Hey man, wheres your skateboard, dude?' from people who think I'm Christian Slater.
- I don't see any point or any good in drugs that are as disruptive as cocaine.
- It still strikes me as strange that anyone could have a moral objection against somebody's sexuality, it's like telling someone else how to clean their house.
- Addiction is not just for bad people or scumbags - it's a universal disease.
- Animals are not our playthings. We are on this earth to protect them. It's our duty.
- When I was old enough to realize all meat was killed, I saw it as an irrational way of using our power, to take a weaker thing and mutilate it. It was like the way bullies would take control of younger kids in the schoolyard.
- I can't on my own change the regime in South Africa or teach the Palestinians to learn to live with the Israelies, but I can start with me.
- Everything is ironic to me. There are moments I find hysterical, but I'm probably the only one who would find that, except for a few people.
- Commercials were too phony for me. I just didn't like selling a product I didn't believe in.
- Music is my main goal, but I'm not going to rush a record out. There are so many actors who have come out with albums these days. I don't want to do it because it's the thing to do. I want to wait until the time is right.
- Music is a whole oasis in my head. The creation process is so personal and fulfilling.
- Music is a hobby, because I'm not making any money out of it, but I put just as much conviction into that as I do into my acting.
- I've been wanting to go into music ever since I can remember. I mean even before I became an actor. I just thought it would be a tough field to break into, so I became an actor instead.
- I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
- I have a lot of chameleon qualities, I get very absorbed in my surroundings.
- I sometimes lie, especially about personal things, because what does it matter? I am a kind of minute commodity, my name is no longer my own. I try to lie as much as I can when I'm interviewed. It's reverse psychology. I figure if you lie, they'll print the truth.
- When I was younger, I was worried about how others viewed me and if I was good enough. I realize now that you can't mold an image or try to be something that you are not. As far as being an actor is concerned, your work really speaks for itself.
- It's a great feeling to think that I can be a friend to so many people through my movies.
- In Stand by Me, I realized that what I was creating was going to live on far longer than anything of me as a person. The characters are more powerful than the person that creates them.
- I feel that there are great minds up there who would like to see what I can do with an Oscar nomination. I guess many people would change after a nomination in the way they see things. In my case it's really irrelevant in terms of what I do. Still, it was an incredible experience which I will put in my memories, like everything else.
- I would just look at Harrison; he would do stuff and I would not mimic it, but interpret it younger. Mimicking is a terrible mistake that many people make when they play someone younger, or with an age difference. Mimicking doesn't interpret true because you can't just edit it around.
- Every day of my life since I finished My Own Private Idaho, at some point in the day, I find the conversation somehow goes back to that film, because it was just such a great experience. I just start getting all joyous and start babbling about it.
- I did my best work in The Mosquito Coast. I know it wasn't such a big hit, but for me it was more meaningful than anything else I'd ever done.
- * We were constantly moving to different countries and adjusting to new things. It was such a free feeling. I'm glad I didn't have a traditional upbringing.
- Rich kids gave us their old clothes. They were the best clothes we ever had. We were these very pure, naive, poor children. The rich kids called us a lot of names but it never bothered us because we didn't know what the words meant.
- We respect our parents and they respect us. Even when we were younger, it was never, 'Well, I'm the parent and you're the kid.' You wouldn't be held back because of your age. Just the opposite. My father used to say, 'The youngest gets to yell the loudest because they're never listened to!' My father talks to Summer, who is the youngest, the way he talks to my grandfather or anyone else. They always gave us a fair shot.
- We all have our distinct things. Leaf was the family clown - very witty, very smart. Mom had to work a lot, so Rainbow was the mother and the older sister and trend setter. Liberty was always the most physical, like an acrobat, very nimble and strong, a really beautiful girl. And Summer was the youngest, the baby of the family, with big brown eyes and blond hair, more American-looking.
- I want kids, a family of my own. I'd like to give them the first eight years of their lives in the country. Then I'd want them educated, which I wasn't formally, although I had a tutor once when I was twelve. At times I miss a formal education, but at others I thank God for everything else I have now. What I have got from my childhood aren't toys, but memories. And happy memories are better than any toy.
- People wonder if I'll always be a part of this family and the answer is yes. My family has a lot of good energy going in one direction and because of it, we get a lot of things done. That's why I'll always spend a lot of time at Camp Phoenix.
- I would rather quit while I was ahead. There's no need in overstaying your welcome.
- This song is dedicated to Frank Zappa, and River Phoenix, Fred Gwynne who played Herman Munster, Dixie Lee Ray, Thomas P, Tip O'Neil, and you, dumb ass, who just threw water on me.
- He was my brother and I loved him a great deal. It was just an awful, awful mistake. We fed off each other and learned a lot from each other.
- And they told me The times have changed Cause' our parents had Hendrix, Janis and Jim But what about River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On August 23rd||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net