erich ludendorff Quotes
Erich Ludendorff QuotesBirth Date: 1865-04-09 (Sunday, April 9th, 1865)
Date of Death: 1937-12-20 (Monday, December 20th, 1937)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
erich ludendorff life timeline
|Erich Ludendorff, quartermaster-general of the Imperial German Army, is dismissed by Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany for refusing to cooperate in peace negotiations.||Saturday, October 26th, 1918|
- By the Revolution the Germans have made themselves pariahs among the nations, incapable of winning allies, helots in the service of foreigners and foreign capital, and deprived of all self-respect. In twenty years' time, the German people will curse the parties who now boast of having made the Revolution.
- The fifth act of the great drama in Flanders opened on the 22nd October. Enormous masses of ammunition, such as the human mind had never imagined before the war, were hurled upon the bodies of men who passed a miserable existence scattered about in mud-filled shell-holes. The horror of the shell-hole area of Verdun was surpassed. It was no longer life at all. It was mere unspeakable suffering. And through this world of mud the attackers dragged themselves, slowly, but steadily, and in dense masses. Caught in the advanced zone by our hail of fire they often collapsed, and the lonely man in the shell-hole breathed again. Then the mass came on again. Rifle and machine-gun jammed with the mud. Man fought against man, and only too often the mass was successful.
- Quoted in 'My War Memories, 1914-1918' - by Erich Ludendorff - 1919
- There is but one hope, and this hope is embodied in the national groups which desire our recovery.
- He is the only man...who has any political sense. Go and listen to him one day.
- A field marshal is born, not made!
- I will give up troops gladly as long as I know that they will be used in the right place to bring victory.
- By appointing Hitler Chancellor of the Reich, you have handed over our sacred German Fatherland to one of the greatest demagogues of all time. I prophesy to you this evil man will plunge our Reich into the abyss and will inflict immeasurable woe on our nation. Future generations will curse you in your grave for this action.
- Hitler does not remain faithful to anybody, he will betray you sometime also!
- He became the perfect regimental commander...the younger officers came to adore him.
- Erich Ludendorff was not a sentimentalist. He had come to take charge, to issue orders, to win a crucial victory.
- Erich Ludendorff was considered the brains of the new German command. He pushed for the resumption of unlimited submarine warfare, which ultimately brought America into the conflict.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 9th||Who Also Died On December 20th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net