eugene mccarthy Quotes
Eugene McCarthy QuotesBirth Date: 1916-03-29 (Wednesday, March 29th, 1916)
Date of Death: 2005-12-10 (Saturday, December 10th, 2005)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Have you ever tried to split sawdust?
- The two-party system has given this country the war of Lyndon Johnson, the Watergate of Nixon, and the incompetence of Carter. Saying we should keep the two-party system simply because it is working is like saying the Titanic voyage was a success because a few people survived on life-rafts.
- The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty.
- There is only one thing to do - take it to the country!
- We do not need presidents who are bigger than the country, but rather ones who speak for it and support it.
- I'm kind of an accidental instrument, really, through which I hope that the judgment and the will of this nation can be expressed.
- The maple tree that night Without a wind or rain Let go its leaves Because its time had come.
- Now it is certain. There is no magic stone. No secret to be found. One must go With the mind's winnowed learning.
- The glove has been thrown to the ground, The last choice of weapons made. A book for one thought. A poem for one line. A line for one word.
- 'Broken things are powerful.' Things about to break are stronger still. The last shot from the brittle bow is truest.
- I have left Act I, for involution And Act II. There, mired in complexity I cannot write Act III.
- 'Lament for an Aging Politician'
- As long as the differences and diversities of mankind exist, democracy must allow for compromise, for accommodation, and for the recognition of differences.
- Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.
- In politics one may remain aloof and become irrelavent or get involved and get corrupted.
- I can still smell the tear gas in the Hilton Hotel.
- It is dangerous for a national candidate to say things that people might remember.
- Nixon is the kind of guy who, if you were drowning twenty feet from shore, would throw you a fifteen-foot rope.
- No man could be equipped for the presidency if he has never been tempted by one of the seven cardinal sins.
- One thing about a pig, he thinks he's warm if his nose is warm. I saw a bunch of pigs one time that had frozen together in a rosette, each one's nose tucked under the rump of the one in front. We have a lot of pigs in politics.
- The Senate is the last primitive society in the world. We still worship the elders of the tribe and honor the territorial imperative.
- This is, I say, the time for all good men not to go to the aid of their party, but to come to the aid of their country.
- The function of liberal Republicans is to shoot the wounded after the battle.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 29th||Who Also Died On December 10th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net