- Mon centre cede, ma droite recule, situation excellente, j'attaque.
- The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.
- I am conscious of having served England as I served my own country.
- A radish will never stand in the way of victory.
- This is not a peace. It is an armistice for 20 years.
- In tactics, action is the governing rule of war.
- One does simply what one can in order to apply what one knows.
- The laurels of victory are at the point of the enemy bayonets. They must be plucked there; they must be carried by a hand-to-hand fight if one really means to conquer.
- A beaten general is disgraced forever.
- There is but one means to extenuate the effects of enemy fire: it is to develop a more violent fire oneself.
- None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.
- The will to conquer is the first condition of victory.
- Les avions sont des jouets interessants mais n'ont aucune utilite militaire