Notice: Undefined variable: author in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 7
fisher ames Quotes
Notice: Undefined variable: file in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 38
Fisher Ames Quotes
Read about file extension history in file extension history DB.
- I consider biennial elections as a security that the sober, second thought of the people shall be law.
- Madison has inserted in his amendments the increase of representatives, each State having two at least. The rights of conscience, of bearing arms, of changing the government, are declared to be inherent in the people. Freedomof the press too. There is a prodigious great dose for a medicine. But it will stimulate the stomach as little as hasty pudding. It is rather food for physic. An immense mass of sweet and other herbs and roots for diet drink.
- The gentleman puts me in mind of an old hen which persists in setting after her eggs are taken away.
- A monarchy is a merchantman which sails well, but will sometimes strike on a rock, and go to the bottom; a republic is a raft which will never sink, but then your feet are always in the water.
- We are, heart and soul, friends to the freedom of the press...It is a precious pest, and a necessary mischief, and there would be no liberty without it.
- A government by the passions of the multitude, or, no less correctly, according to the vices, and ambitions of their leaders is a democracy.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_birthdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
|Who Also Died On |
Notice: Undefined variable: daymonth_deathdate in /var/www/quotesby.net/public_html/author.php on line 136
Copyright © www.quotesby.net