- I called the New World into existence to redress the balance of the Old.
- I can prove anything by statistics except the truth.
- Story! God bless you! I have none to tell, sir.
- I give thee sixpence! I will see thee damned first.
- So down thy hill, romantic Ashbourn, glides The Derby dilly, carrying three INSIDES.
- And finds, with keen, discriminating sight, Black 's not so black,-nor white so very white.
- Give me the avowed, the erect, the manly foe, Bold I can meet,-perhaps may turn his blow! But of all plagues, good Heaven, thy wrath can send, Save, save, oh save me from the candid friend!
- No, here 's to the pilot that weathered the storm!