george frideric handel Quotes
George Frideric Handel QuotesDate of Death: 1759-04-14 (Saturday, April 14th, 1759)
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
george frideric handel life timeline
|The London premiere of Rinaldo by George Frideric Handel, the first Italian opera written for the London stage.||Tuesday, February 24th, 1711|
|Premiere of George Frideric Handel s Ariodante at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.||Friday, January 8th, 1734|
|Premiere in London of Serse, an Italian opera by George Frideric Handel.||Tuesday, April 15th, 1738|
|George Frideric Handel s oratorio Messiah makes its world-premiere in Dublin, Ireland.||Friday, April 13th, 1742|
|The premiere of George Frideric Handel s oratorio, "Samson" takes place in London.||Thursday, February 21st, 1743|
- Whether I was in my body or out of my body I know not. God knows it!
- I did think I did see all heaven before me, and the great God himself.
- I should be sorry if I only entertained them, I wish to make them better.
- You have taken far too much trouble over your opera. Here in England that is mere waste of time. What the English like is something that they can beat time to, something that hits them straight on the drum of the ear.
- It is much too good for them,they don't know what to do with it.His comment on 'borrowing' others music.
- Er ist der Meister von uns allen!
- Handel ist der unerreichte Meister aller Meister. Gehen Sie und lernen Sie von ihm, wie gewaltige Wirkungen mit einfachen Mitteln zu erreichen ist.
- Handel ist der gro?te Komponist, der je lebte. Ich wurde decken Sie meinen Kopf auf und knien Sie auf seinem Grab.
- Handel ist das Gro?te und fahigste davonalle Komponisten; von ihm kann ich immer noch lernen.
- His hallelujahs open the heavens. He utters the word 'Wonderful,' as if all their trumpets spoke together. And then, when he comes to earth, to make love amidst nymphs and shepherds (for the beauties of all religions found room within his breast), his strains drop milk and honey, and his love is the youthfulness of the Golden Age.
- Handel is so great and so simple that no one but a professional musician is unable to understand him.
- Handel paralysed music in England for generations and they have not yet quite got over him.
- Every Englishman believes that Handel now occupies an important position in heaven. If so, le bon Dieu must feel toward him very much as Louis Treize felt toward Richelieu.
george frideric handel
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On April 14th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net