george harrison Quotes
George Harrison QuotesBirth Date: 1874-04-15 (Wednesday, April 15th, 1874)
Date of Death: 2001-11-29 (Thursday, November 29th, 2001)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- If you're listening to this song You may think the chords are going wrong But they're not We just wrote it like that
- Do what you want to do, And go where you're going to. Think for yourself 'Cause I won't be there with you.
- I look at you all see the love there that's sleeping While my guitar gently weeps.
- I don't know why nobody told you how to unfold your love I don't know how someone controlled you They bought and sold you.
- I look at the world and I notice it's turning. While my guitar gently weeps. With every mistake we must surely be learning, Still my guitar gently weeps.
- I don't know how you were diverted You were perverted too. I don't know how you were inverted No one alerted you.
- Little darling It's been a long cold lonely winter Little darling It feels like years since it's been here. Here comes the sun...
- Little darling I feel that ice is slowly melting Little darling It seems like years since it's been clear Here comes the sun...
- Something in the way she moves attracts me like no other lover.
- I really want to see you, Really want to be with you, Really want to see you lord, But it takes so long, my lord.
- My idea in 'My Sweet Lord,' because it sounded like a 'pop song,' was to sneak up on them a bit. The point was to have the people not offended by 'Hallelujah,' and by the time it gets to 'Hare Krishna,' they're already hooked, and their foot's tapping, and they're already singing along 'Hallelujah,' to kind of lull them into a sense of false security. And then suddenly it turns into 'Hare Krishna,' and they will all be singing that before they know what's happened, and they will think, 'Hey, I thought I wasn't supposed to like Hare Krishna!'
- Rap music is just computerised crap. I listen to Top of the Pops and after three songs I feel like killing someone.
- If I grow up I'll be a singer, wearing rings on every finger Not worrying what they or you say, I'll live and love and maybe someday Who knows baby you may comfort me.
- Sorry we hurt your field, mister.
- Reporter: 'What do you call that hairstyle?' Harrison: 'Arthur.'
- Give me love, give me peace on earth, give me light, give me life, keep me free from birth, give me hope, help me cope, with this heavy load, trying to, touch and reach you with, heart and soul.
- I am smiling.
- Reporter: 'Are you married?' Harrison: 'No, I'm George.'
- I think people who can truly live a life in music are telling the world, 'You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give'.
- When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there.
- Try to realize it's all within yourself no one else can make you change, and to see you're only very small and life flows on within you and without you.
- As long as you hate, there will be people to hate.
- Sunrise doesn't last all morning, a cloudburst doesn't last all day, seems my love is up and has left you with no warning. It's not always going to be this grey. All things must pass, all things must pass away.
- Love one another.
- We were the Spice Boys.
- With our love, we could save the world.
- There's high, and there's high, and to get really high--I mean so high that you can walk on the water, that high-that's where I'm going'.
- I'm a tidy sort of bloke. I don't like chaos. I kept records in the record rack, tea in the tea caddy, and pot in the pot box.
- You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.
- The world used us as an excuse to go mad.
- The world used The Beatles as an excuse to go mad.
- They used us as an excuse to go mad and then blamed it on us. Gandhi says create and preserve the image of your choice. The image of my choice is not Beatle George - those who want that can go and see Wings. Why live in the past? Be here now.
- I wanted to be successful, not famous.
- It is one of our perennial problems, whether there is actually a God. From the Hindu point of view each soul is divine. All religions are branches of one big tree. It doesn't matter what you call Him just as long as you call. Just as cinematic images appear to be real but are only combinations of light and shade, so is the universal variety a delusion. The planetary spheres, with their countless forms of life, are naught but figures in a cosmic motion picture. One's values are profoundly changed when he is finally convinced that creation is only a vast motion picture and that not in, but beyond, lies his own ultimate reality.
- We were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion. Never glimpse the truth - then it's far too late when they pass away.
- The Beatles will exist without us.
- The nicest thing is to open the newspapers and not to find yourself in them.
- The Beatles saved the world from boredom.
- Gossip is the Devil's radio.
- I'll play what you want or I won't play at all.
- I don't wear small shoes, or tight pants that squash your balls.
- The biggest break in my career was getting into the Beatles in 1962. The second biggest break since then is getting out of them.
- I'll give up this sort of touring madness certainly, but music-everything is based on music. No, I'll never stop my music.
- The Beatles will go on and on.
- I picture John physically as someone youthful who made a lot, but I feel him more as an energy, more metaphysically.
- America has everything, why should they want us.
- As far as I'm concerned, there won't be a Beatles reunion as long as John Lennon remains dead.
- Different ideas had been talked about, that we could do the background music or even write a new song or something, but this became the perfect vehicle because we always had a thing between the four of us that if any one of us wasn't in it, we weren't.
- All the world is birthday cake, so take a piece, but not too much.
- There'll come a time when all of us must leave here, then nothing sister Mary can do Will keep me here with you. As nothing in this life that I've been trying could equal or surpass the art of dying. Do you believe me?
- After all we did for Britain, selling that corduroy and making it swing, all we got was a bit of tin on a piece of leather.
- Only the fact that people have written about the reissue have I realized that it spent seven weeks at No. 1. At the time I did it, I can't remember even taking any notice of it.
- The thing that pleases me the most about it is that young people like it. It's given kids from 6 to 16 an alternate view of music to what's been available for the past 20 years.
- Hippies are so phoney and fake.
- We have had so much of the same background, our musical background and where we came from, and what we listened to in common and all those years we played together, somehow it's made a very deep groove in our memories, and it doesn't take much to ?.
- The main gist of it is to find the most ancient Beatle music possible. It comes in chronological order through the various other records we made and bring it up to date, up to now. We want to put as many songs on the CD's as possible, to make it of.
- EQ is equalization- when you want to add a bit to the top or roll a bit off the bottom. It's bass, treble, and middle, but equalization is the posh way of saying it. I have a very high EQ- something like 3,000 hertz. If I think too hard, my brain hertz.
- Friends are all souls that we've known in other lives. We're drawn to each other. That's how I feel about friends. Even if I've only known them for a day, it doesn't matter. I'm not going to wait till I've known them two years, because anyway we have met somewhere before, you know.
- Hi! My name's George and I play a guitar!
- I think the popular music has gone truly weird. It's either cutesy-wutesy or it's hard, nasty stuff. It's good that this has life again with the youth.
- My music, it doesn't matter if I did it 20 years ago or if I did it tomorrow. It doesn't go with trends. My trousers don't get wider and tighter every six months. My music just stays what it is, and that's the way I like it.
- Sometimes, you release an album and the record company just about ignores it, and so many people don't even know it's out. And I'm not about to jump up and down shouting, 'Hey folks, look at me! I'm cool and groovy!' That's not what George Harrison is all about.
- Well that's not very fair.
- When I did Bangladesh, I spent a couple of months, every day and night, on the telephone, trying to trick people into doing it and making a commitment. Nowadays, you phone somebody up, and it's an accepted part of life that every so often you give something to charity.
- I can see the Beatles sticking together forever, really. We've been together a long time.
- I didn't like the look of Rory's drummer myself. He looked the nasty one, with his little grey streak of hair. But the nastier one turned out to be Ringo, the nicest of them all.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 15th||Who Also Died On November 29th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net