grace hopper Quotes
Grace Hopper QuotesBirth Date: 1906-12-09 (Sunday, December 9th, 1906)
Date of Death: 1992-01-01 (Wednesday, January 1st, 1992)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- From then on, when anything went wrong with a computer, we said it had bugs in it.
- To me programming is more than an important practical art. It is also a gigantic undertaking in the foundations of knowledge.
- A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things.
- It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.
- I handed my passport to the immigration officer, and he looked at it and looked at me and said, 'What are you?'
- In total desperation, I called over to the engineering building, and I said, 'Please cut off a nanosecond and send it over to me.'
- At the end of about a week, I called back and said, 'I need something to compare this to. Could I please have a microsecond?'
- Life was simple before World War II. After that, we had systems.
- I had a running compiler and nobody would touch it. [:] they carefully told me, computers could only do arithmetic; they could not do programs.
- I've always been more interested in the future than in the past.
- The wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from.
- The most dangerous phrase in the language is, 'We've always done it this way.'
- You manage things, you lead people.
- On COBOL: 'But Grace, then anyone will be able to write programs!'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 9th||Who Also Died On January 1st|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net