- Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative.
- Many a man has fallen in love with a girl in a light so dim he would not have chosen a suit by it.
- If you wait for the perfect moment when all is safe and assured, it may never arrive. Mountains will not be climbed, races won, or lasting happiness achieved
- Please excuse me if I get an erection. Pardon me if I don't.
- Love the public the way you love your mother.
- An artist carries on throughout his life a mysterious, uninterrupted conversation with his public.
- The cinema is rather like a beautiful woman whom you would court only by telephone.