henry brougham Quotes
Henry Brougham Quotes
Read how to open files in File Open Database.
- What is valuable is not new, and what is new is not valuable.
- There have been periods when the country heard with dismay that 'the soldier was abroad.' That is not the case now. Let the soldier be abroad; in the present age he can do nothing. Let the soldier be abroad if he will, he can do nothing in this age. There is another personage,-a personage less imposing in the eyes of some, perhaps insignificant. The schoolmaster is abroad, and I trust to him, armed with his primer, against the soldier in full military array, for upholding and extending the liberties of his country.
- Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern but impossible to enslave.
- In my mind, he was guilty of no error he - was chargeable with no exaggeration - he was betrayed by his fancy into no metaphor, who once said that all we see about us, Kings, Lords, and Commons, the whole machinery of the State, all the apparatus of the system, and its varied workings, end in simply bringing twelve men into a box.
- Pursuit of Knowledge Under Difficulties
- A lawyer is a learned gentleman who rescues your estate from your enemies and keeps it himself.
- It is necessary that I should qualify the doctrine of its being not men, but measures, that I am determined to support. In a monarchy it is the duty of parliament to look at the men as well as at the measures.
- The great unwashed.
- Try to know everything of something and something of everything.
- War is a crime which involves all other crimes.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On ||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net