henry ward beecher Quotes
Henry Ward Beecher QuotesBirth Date: 1813-06-24 (Thursday, June 24th, 1813)
Date of Death: 1887-03-08 (Tuesday, March 8th, 1887)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Never forget what a man says to you when he is angry.
- It is not well for a man to pray, cream; and live skim milk.
- The cynic is one who never sees a good quality in a man and never fails to see a bad one. He is the human owl, vigilant in darkness and blind to light, mousing for vermin, and never seeing noble game. The cynic puts all human actions into two classes - openly bad and secretly bad.
- Humor is, however, nearer right than any emotion we have. Humor is the atmosphere in which grace most flourishes.
- Any law that takes hold of a man's daily life cannot prevail in a community, unless the vast majority of the community are actively in favor of it. The laws that are the most operative are the laws which protect life.
- The one great poem of New England is her Sunday.
- When a nation's young men are conservative, its funeral bell is already rung.
- The common schools are the stomachs of the country in which all people that come to us are assimilated within a generation. When a lion eats an ox, the lion does not become an ox but the ox becomes a lion.
- Every artist dips his brush into his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.
- Good nature is worth more than knowledge, more than money...
- Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
- He is greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own
- It's easier to go down a hill than up it but the view is much better at the top.
- Love cannot endure indifference. It needs to be wanted. Like a lamp, it needs to be fed out of the oil of another's heart, or its flame burns low.
- Now comes the mystery.
- The dog was created specially for children. He is a god of frolic.
- The monkey is an organized sarcasm upon the human race.
- To array a man's will against his sickness is the supreme art of medicine.
- What a mother sings to the cradle goes all the way to the coffin.
- Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?
- Words are pegs to hang ideas on.
henry ward beecher
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On June 24th||Who Also Died On March 8th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net