hussein of jordan Quotes
Hussein of Jordan QuotesBirth Date: 1974-05-03 (Friday, May 3rd, 1974)
Date of Death: 1999-02-07 (Sunday, February 7th, 1999)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
hussein of jordan life timeline
|King Hussein of Jordan marries Princess Muna al-Hussein (Antoinette Gardiner).||Thursday, May 25th, 1961|
|Attempted assassination of King Hussein of Jordan by Palestinian guerillas, who attacked his motorcade.||Tuesday, September 1st, 1970|
|King Hussein of Jordan declares military rule due to the hijacking of four civilian airliners by the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). This results in the formation of the Black September Palestinian paramilitary unit.||Wednesday, September 16th, 1970|
|King Hussein of Jordan weds American Lisa Halaby, who takes the name Queen Noor.||Thursday, June 15th, 1978|
- Above all, I believe in God. I believe, also, that I must live with myself, I must be able to face myself each morning and say: 'I did my best yesterday, I will do my best again today.' Each man, low- or high-born, has the same duty each day to contribute to the good of mankind.
- All what we hope for is that a day will come, when we have all gone, when people will say that this man has tried, and his family tried. This is all there is to seek in this world.
- As long as one knows that there is a judgement day, he tries to keep his conscience clear and to serve and do what he can. People's trust is very dear, and one must be up to it, not by trying to do what pleases people everywhere on every occasion, but by doing what satisfies one's conscience.
- For our part, we shall continue to work for the new dawn when all the Children of Abraham and their descendants are living together in the birthplace of their three great monotheistic religions, a life free from fear, a life free from want - a life in peace.
- Fundamentalism as it is called is not confined to the Muslim world. It is something that we have seen in different parts of the world. Let us hope that a dialogue between the followers of the three great monotheistic religions could help in putting an end to this.
- God help us from those who believe that they are the sole possessors of truth. How we manage at times to agree willingly to become prisoners within our own minds and souls of beliefs and ideas on which we can never be flexible.
- God willing, we shall come to a stage where the world looks at the Palestinian question, and Palestinian rights on Palestinian national soil, as well as the questions of the occupied Syrian and Lebanese territories. These are the bases on which peace will be built.
- I am ever mindful of the legacy of my grandfather, the founder of this Kingdom, who had said to me that he perceived his life as a link in a continuous chain of those who served our nation and that he expected me to be a new and strong link in the same chain.
- I am totally against the idea that a Muslim woman should not have the same opportunities as a Muslim man to learn, to open up, to work, help shape the future. To close Islam down to a sexist approach is totally intolerable and ridiculous. It's not Islam.
- I believe we must live with courage and will. I must do so because, regardless of any difficulties I face, when the time comes for me to lose my life, I would at least have done my best.
- I believe with all my heart that if a man is to give of his best he must live the fundamental life of an ordinary man. One cannot hide behind a title or a position or a throne. One can be proud of one's responsibilities, just as I am, but one cannot use titles or position as a shield.
- I have a simple philosophy about life and death. How easily it comes and how easily it can end! What man can afford to waste time? At any moment death can claim anyone, and when it does, death itself is unimportant. The only thing that matters is the work that one has accomplished.
- I have said this in the past and I will continue to repeat it as long as I live: Whoever tries to hurt our national unity is my enemy until the day of judgement.
- I want to say a simple thing, that the dividing line exists not between Jordan and Israel, but between the proponents of peace and the opponents of peace.
- I will never work merely to make a reputation for myself, to be popular for appearances rather than for what I am. My task is to lead my country through service.
- I wish to say to you that the life of an enlightened people and a vibrant nation cannot be measured by the life of an individual. A successful person is one who manages to lay down a new stone, a brick that would help firm up his nation's existence.
- In this life struggle, here I am among you fully cognizant that a true believer has no fear of what God has ordained for him. Those who are visited by fear live only for their present, under the illusion that the world began with them and will end with their departure.
- It is not enough to tackle the mechanics of terror organizations. We must also tackle the situations that create terrorists. We desperately need to address the frustration, the loss and the despair that drive some to these actions.
- It would behoove the world to become used to this fact: that without a just solution to the Palestine tragedy, there can be no stable peace in the Middle East.
- Jordan has a strange, haunting beauty and a sense of timelessness. Dotted with the ruins of empires once great, it is the last resort of yesterday in the world of tomorrow. I love every inch of it.
- Jordan itself is a beautiful country. It is wild, with limitless deserts where the Bedouin roam, but the mountains of the north are clothed in green forests, and where the Jordan River flows it is fertile and warm in winter.
- Jordan seeks to play only one role, that of a model state. It is our aim to set an example for our Arab brethren, not one that they need follow but one that will inspire them to seek a higher, happier destiny within their own borders.
- Let me say this loud and clear. There is a world of difference between terrorist acts and the Islamic Shari'a. Islam is not only a religion, but a way of life. And at its heart lie the sacred principles of tolerance and dialogue.
- My concern all along, I have warned time and again, is of Jordan becoming a battleground for forces outside its immediate area. This is where we went haywire in the 1950s and I hope this will never be repeated.
- Nothing is more useless in developing a nation's economy than a gun, and nothing blocks the road to social development more than the financial burden of war. War is the arch enemy of national progress and the modern scourge of civilized men.
- Our religion does not discriminate according to color, sex or anything else. What counts is piety and faith.
- Personality is reduced and deformed with depleted thoughts and stagnant mind.
- Real victories are those that protect human life, not those that result from its destruction or emerge from its ashes.
- The absence and suppression of justice can only open the way for extremists to exploit such a condition to perpetrate acts of violence against innocents.
- The link between peace and stability on the one hand, and social and economic growth on the other, is dialectic. Peace, poverty, and backwardness cannot mix in one region.
- Under the auspices of peace, our comprehensive renaissance will be built, and it will be a model for those who wish to emulate it in the greater Arab homeland.
- We believe democracy to be the only real guarantor of stability and we have sought to create a 'Jordanian model' that might also inspire others in our region. I wish democracy and peace to be my legacy to my people and the shield of generations to come.
- We believe that peace is not just signed papers, but rather a contract between generations for the building of a more promising and less threatening future
- We belong to the camp of peace. We believe in peace. We believe that our one God wishes us to live in peace and wishes peace upon us, for these are His teachings to all the followers of the three great monotheistic religions, the Children of Abraham.
- We oppose occupation of land by force and we believe in dialogue as the method for regaining Arab rights. This is the spirit of the Great Arab Revolt.
- We respect opposition to any position or policy. But we believe that the opinion that should prevail and be respected is that of the majority.
- We should face reality and our past mistakes in an honest, adult way. Boasting of glory does not make glory, and singing in the dark does not dispel fear.
- What does a man seek in this world? A position, or a throne? Man seeks peace of mind and the fear of Almighty God.
- Without peace and without the overwhelming majority of people that believe in peace defending it, working for it, believing in it, security can never really be a reality.
hussein of jordan
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 3rd||Who Also Died On February 7th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net