indira gandhi Quotes
Indira Gandhi QuotesBirth Date: 1917-11-19 (Monday, November 19th, 1917)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
indira gandhi life timeline
|Indira Gandhi is elected Prime Minister of India.||Wednesday, January 19th, 1966|
|Prime Minister Indira Gandhi declares Emergency in India, suspending civil liberties and elections.||Wednesday, June 25th, 1975|
|Indira Gandhi establishes emergency rule in India.||Thursday, June 26th, 1975|
|Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi orders an attack on the Golden Temple, the holiest site of the Sikh religion.||Tuesday, June 5th, 1984|
|The Indian Army attacks the Golden Temple in Amritsar following an order from Indira Gandhi. Official casualties are 576 combatants killed and 335 wounded; independent observers estimate that thousands of unarmed Sikh civilians are also killed in the crossfire. A total death count adds up to almost 6,000.||Wednesday, June 6th, 1984|
- We should not mourn for men of high ideals. Rather we should rejoice that we had the privilege of having had them with us, to inspire us by their radiant personalities.
- A nation's strength ultimately consists in what it can do on its own, and not in what it can borrow from others.
- India wants to avoid a war at all costs but it is not a one-sided affair, you cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.
- There are moments in history when brooding tragedy and its dark shadows can be lightened by recalling great moments of the past.
- You must learn to be still in the midst of activity and to be vibrantly alive in repose.
- My father was a statesman, I'm a political woman. My father was a saint. I'm not.
- To be liberated, woman must feel free to be herself, not in rivalry to man but in the context of her own capacity and her personality.
- I am not interested in a long life. I am not afraid of these things. I don't mind if my life goes in the service of this nation. If I die today, every drop of my blood will invigorate the nation.
- I suppose leadership at one time meant muscles; but today it means getting along with people.
- Martyrdom does not end something, it is only a beginning.
- My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.
- There exists no politician in India daring enough to attempt to explain to the masses that cows can be eaten.
- Think twice before pointing a finger to any one as other three fingers are always pointing towards you.
- To bear many children is considered not only a religious blessing but also an investment. The greater their number, some Indians reason, the more alms they can beg.
- All my games were political games; I was, like Joan of Arc, perpetually being burned at the stake.
- People tend to forget their duties but remember their rights.
- One must beware of ministers who can do nothing without money, and those who want to do everything with money.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 19th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net