jack kevorkian Quotes
Jack Kevorkian QuotesBirth Date: 1928-05-20 (Sunday, May 20th, 1928)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
jack kevorkian life timeline
|The "Doctor of Death", Jack Kevorkian, goes through with his first assisted suicide.||Monday, April 16th, 1990|
|A jury in Michigan finds Dr. Jack Kevorkian guilty of second-degree murder for administering a lethal injection to a terminally ill man.||Friday, March 26th, 1999|
|Jack Kevorkian is released from prison after serving eight years of his 10-25 year prison term for second-degree murder in the 1998 death of Thomas Youk, 52, of Oakland County, Michigan.||Friday, June 1st, 2007|
- When you have nothing left to burn, you must set yourself on fire.
- Dying is not a crime.
- My aim in helping the patient was not to cause death. My aim was to end suffering. It's got to be decriminalized.
- We need some honesty and sincerity instead of corrupt government in Washington.
- A transfer of money should never be involved in this profound situation. Although illness is profound, too, but medicine's a business today. It's a business.
- All the big powers...they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right.
- Am I a criminal? The world knows I'm not a criminal. What are they trying to put me in jail for? You've lost common sense in this society because of religious fanaticism and dogma.
- Among doctors in general, I think more than half support what I'm doing.
- As a medical doctor, it is my duty to evaluate the situation with as much data as I can gather and as much expertise as I have and as much experience as I have to determine whether or not the wish of the patient is medically justified.
- First of all, do any of you here think it's a crime to help a suffering human end his agony? Any of you think it is? Say so right now. Well, then, what are we doing here?
- Five to six thousand people die every year waiting for organs, but nobody cares.
- I gambled and I lost. I failed in securing my options for this choice for myself, but I succeeded in verifying the Dark Age is still with us.
- I will admit, like Socrates and Aristotle and Plato and some other philosophers, that there are instances where the death penalty would seem appropriate.
- I will go to what they call a court. Only they call it a court.
- Listen, when you take my liberty away, you've taken away more-something more precious than life. I mean, what good is a life without liberty? Huh? None.
- It's the boredom that kills you. You read until you're tired of that. You do crossword puzzles until you're tired of that. This is torture. This is mental torture.
- Look at the forces against me. They don't want me out. They're afraid I'll cause trouble if I get out.
- My religion centers in different areas than what's considered conventional religion.
- Not one has shown an iota of fear of death. They want to end this agony.
- Rotten travesty. Yeah. Send me to jail for contempt. Try that. Go ahead.
- She made the decision that her existence had lost its meaning. And you cannot judge that.
- The American people are sheep. They're comfortable, rich, working. It's like the Romans, they're happy with bread and their spectator sports. The Super Bowl means more to them than any right.
- The patient decides when it's best to go [die].
- The Supreme Court of the United States... has validated the Nazi method of execution in... concentration camps, starving them to death!
- There is nothing anyone can do anyway. The public has no power. The government knows I'm not a criminal. The parole board knows I'm not a criminal. The judge knows I'm not a criminal.
- This is not a trial. This is a lynching. There is no law.
- When history looks back, it will prove what I'll die knowing.
- When your conscience says law is immoral, don't follow it.
- You're basing your laws and your whole outlook on natural life on mythology. It won't work. That's why you have all these problems in the world. Name them: India, Pakistan, Ireland. Name them-all these problems. They're all religious problems.
- This could never be a crime in any society which deems itself enlightened.
- You're going to watch a person suffer in agony while somebody's debating?
- This is a medical service. It always was.
- I don't like to think of him as the 'Doctor of Death', I think of him as a liberator.
- So let's talk just a little bit more about you specifically. You were on bond to another judge when you committed this offense, you were not licensed to practice medicine when you committed this offense and you hadn't been licensed for eight years. And you had the audacity to go on national television, show the world what you did and dare the legal system to stop you. Well, sir, consider yourself stopped.
- There will be those who will be Kevorkian with class. They will look respectable. They will sound respectable. Their patients will be just as dead.
- He seems to be on a personal crusade not just to legalize it but to legitimize this type of activity.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 20th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net