james thomson Quotes
James Thomson QuotesBirth Date: 1700-09-11 (Saturday, September 11th, 1700)
Date of Death: 1748-08-27 (Tuesday, August 27th, 1748)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Come then, expressive silence, muse His praise.
- Forever, Fortune, wilt thou prove An unrelenting foe to love, And, when we meet a mutual heart, Come in between and bid us part?
- When Britain first, at Heaven's command, Arose from out the azure main, This was the charter of the land, And guardian angels sung this strain: Rule, Britannia, rule the waves; Britons never will be slaves.
- A bard here dwelt, more fat than bard beseems, Who, void of envy, guile, and lust of gain, On virtue still, and nature's pleasing themes, Poured forth his unpremeditated strain.
- I know no subject more elevating, more amazing, more ready to the poetical enthusiasm, the philosophical reflection, and the moral sentiment than the works of nature. Where can we meet such variety, such beauty, such magnificence?
- See, Winter comes to rule the varied year, Sullen and sad.
- Welcome, kindred glooms! Congenial horrors, hail!
- Cruel as death, and hungry as the grave.
- There studious let me sit, And hold high converse with the mighty dead.
- Ships dim-discovered dropping from the clouds.
- Sighed and looked unutterable things.
- Come, gentle Spring! ethereal mildness, come.
- The negligence of Nature wide and wild, Where, undisguised by mimic art, she spreads Unbounded beauty to the roving eye.
- Delightful task! to rear the tender thought, To teach the young idea how to shoot.
- An elegant sufficiency, content, Retirement, rural quiet, friendship, books.
- Crowned with the sickle, and the wheaten sheaf, While Autumn, nodding o'er the yellow plain, Comes jovial on.
- Poor is the triumph o'er the timid hare! Scared from the corn, and now to some lone seat Retired-
- For loveliness Needs not the foreign aid of ornament, But is when unadorned adorned the most.
- Or where the Northern ocean, in vast whirls, Boils round the naked melancholy isles Of farthest Thule, and th' Atlantic surge Pours in among the stormy Hebrides.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 11th||Who Also Died On August 27th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net