john denham Quotes
John Denham QuotesBirth Date: 1953-07-15 (Wednesday, July 15th, 1953)
Date of Death: 1669-03-10 (Sunday, March 10th, 1669)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Actions o' th' last age are like almanacks o' th' last year.
- Ambition is like love, impatient Both of delays and rivals.
- Such is our pride, our folly, or our fate, That few but such as cannot write, translate.
- Nor ought a genius less than his that writ Attempt translation.
- Books should to one of these four ends conduce, For wisdom, piety, delight, or use.
- Youth, what man's age is like to be doth show, We may our ends by our beginnings know.
- Search not to find what lies too deeply hid, Nor to know things, whose knowledge is forbid.
- Though with those streams he no resemblance hold, Whose foam is amber and their gravel gold; His genuine and less guilty wealth t' explore, Search not his bottom, but survey his shore.
- Oh, could I flow like thee, and make thy stream My great example, as it is my theme! Though deep, yet clear; though gentle, yet not dull; Strong without rage; without o'erflowing, full.
- But whither am I strayed? I need not raise Trophies to thee from other men's dispraise; Nor is thy fame on lesser ruins built; Nor needs thy juster title the foul guilt Of Eastern kings, who, to secure their reign, Must have their brothers, sons, and kindred slain.
- We're ne'er like angels till our passion dies.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 15th||Who Also Died On March 10th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net