john osborne Quotes
John Osborne QuotesBirth Date: 1929-12-12 (Thursday, December 12th, 1929)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- Jimmy Porter: They spend their time mostly looking forward to the past.
- George Dillon: It's easy to answer the ultimate questions - it saves you bothering with the immediate ones.
- This is a letter of hate. It is for you my countrymen, I mean those men of my country who have defiled it. The men with manic fingers leading the sightless, feeble, betrayed body of my country to its death.
- Asking a working writer what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamppost what it feels about dogs.
- Archie Rice: Don't clap too hard - it's a very old building.
- Archie Rice: I'm dead behind these eyes. I'm dead, just like the whole inert, shoddy lot out there. It doesn't matter because I don't feel a thing, and neither do they.
- Archie Rice: Let me know where you're working tomorrow night and I'll come and see you.
- John Osborne spoke out in a vein of ebullient, free-wheeling rancour that betokened the arrival of something new in the theatre - a sophisticated, articulate lower-class. Most of the critics were offended by Jimmy Porter, but not on account of his anger; a working-class hero is expected to be angry. What nettled them was something quite different: his self-confidence. This was no envious inferior whose insecurity they could pity.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On December 12th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net