john tyler Quotes
John Tyler QuotesBirth Date: 1790-03-29 (Monday, March 29th, 1790)
Date of Death: 1862-01-18 (Saturday, January 18th, 1862)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
john tyler life timeline
|U.S. President John Tyler vetoes a bill which called for the re-establishment of the Second Bank of the United States. Enraged Whig Party members riot outside the White House in the most violent demonstration on White House grounds in U.S. history.||Monday, August 16th, 1841|
|President John Tyler signs a bill authorizing the United States to annex the Republic of Texas.||Saturday, March 1st, 1845|
- I can never consent to being dictated to.
- I now leave that bed which has afforded me little rest, and eagerly seek repose in the quiet enjoyments of rural life.
- If the tide of defamation and abuse shall turn, and my administration come to be praised, future Vice-Presidents who may succeed to the Presidency may feel some slight encouragement to pursue an independent course.
- In 1840 I was called from my farm to undertake the administration of public affairs and I foresaw that I was called to a bed of thorns.
- Patronage is the sword and cannon by which war may be made on the liberty of the human race.
- Popularity, I have always thought, may aptly be compared to a coquette - the more you woo her, the more apt is she to elude your embrace.
- So far as it depends on the course of this government, our relations of good will and friendship will be sedulously cultivated with all nations.
- Let it, then, be henceforth proclaimed to the world, that man's conscience was created free; that he is no longer accountable to his fellow man for his religious opinions, being responsible therefore only to his God.
- Wealth can only be accumulated by the earnings of industry and the savings of frugality.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 29th||Who Also Died On January 18th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net