joseph mccarthy Quotes
Joseph McCarthy QuotesBirth Date: 1908-11-14 (Saturday, November 14th, 1908)
Date of Death: 1957-05-02 (Thursday, May 2nd, 1957)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
joseph mccarthy life timeline
|Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States State Department of being filled with Communists.||Thursday, February 9th, 1950|
|McCarthyism: CBS television broadcasts the See It Now episode, "A Report on Senator Joseph McCarthy," produced by Fred Friendly.||Tuesday, March 9th, 1954|
|McCarthyism: Joseph Welch, special counsel for the United States Army, lashes out at Senator Joseph McCarthy during hearings on whether Communism has infiltrated the Armygiving McCarthy the famous rebuke, "You ve done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?"||Wednesday, June 9th, 1954|
|Red Scare: The United States Senate votes 65 to 22 to condemn Joseph McCarthy for "conduct that tends to bring the Senate into dishonor and disrepute."||Thursday, December 2nd, 1954|
- Today we are engaged in a final, all-out battle between communistic atheism and Christianity. The modern champions of communism have selected this as the time, and ladies and gentlemen, the chips are down - they are truly down.
- I have here in my hand a list of 205 . . . a list of names that were made known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping policy in the State Department. ... As you know, very recently the Secretary of State proclaimed his loyalty to a man guilty of what has always been considered as the most abominable of all crimes - being a traitor to the people who gave him a position of great trust - high treason. ... He has lighted the spark which is resulting in a moral uprising and will end only when the whole sorry mess of twisted, warped thinkers are swept from the national scene so that we may have a new birth of honesty and decency in government.
- Any man who protects Communists is not fit to wear that uniform!
- I see red!
- Let us not assassinate this lad further, senator. You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir? At long last, have you left no sense of decency?
- The junior senator from Wisconsin, by his reckless charges, has so preyed upon the fears and hatreds and prejudices of the American people that he has started a prairie fire which neither he nor anyone else may be able to control.
- Thank God somebody's doing it.
- When the wind is right, a faint odor of kerosene is exhaled from Senator McCarthy.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 14th||Who Also Died On May 2nd|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net