knute rockne Quotes
Knute Rockne QuotesBirth Date: 1888-03-04 (Sunday, March 4th, 1888)
Date of Death: 1931-03-31 (Tuesday, March 31st, 1931)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
knute rockne life timeline
|Playing against Army at Yankee Stadium, Notre Dame football coach Knute Rockne gives what is considered the greatest locker room speeches of all time by saying "Win one for the Gipper." The Fighting Irish would win the game 12-6.||Saturday, November 10th, 1928|
- Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points.
- Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third.
- Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up.
- Let's win one for the Gipper.
- No star playing, just football.
- One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.
- Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure.
- The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.
- Win or lose, do it fairly.
- What most people believe is thinking, is really only a different arrangement of their prejudices.
- Now I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years. None of you ever knew George Gipp. He was long before your time, but you all know what a tradition he is at Notre Dame. And the last thing he said to me, 'Rock,' he said, 'sometime when the team is up against it and the breaks are beating the boys, tell them to go out there with all they've got and win just one for the Gipper. I don't know where I'll be then, Rock,' he said, 'but I'll know about it and I'll be happy.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On March 4th||Who Also Died On March 31st|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net