larry sanger Quotes
Larry Sanger QuotesBirth Date: 1968-07-16 (Tuesday, July 16th, 1968)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- I know Wikipedia is very cool. A lot of people do not think so, but of course they are wrong. 
- If the project was lucky enough to have a writer or two well-informed about some specialized subject, and if their work was not degraded in quality by the majority of people, whose knowledge of the subject is based on paragraphs in books and mere mentions in college classes, then there might be a good, credible article on that specialized subject. Otherwise, there will be no article at all, a very amateurish-sounding article, or an article that looks like it might once have been pretty good, but which has been hacked to bits by hoi polloi. 
- A few of the project's participants can be, not to put a nice word on it, pretty nasty. And this is tolerated. 
- Wikipedia lacks the habit or tradition of respect for expertise. As a community, far from being elitist (which would, in this context, mean excluding the unwashed masses), it is anti-elitist (which, in this context, means that expertise is not accorded any special respect, and snubs and disrespect of expertise is tolerated). 
- Citizendium is based on the failings and unreliability of Wikipedia.
- 'Wikipedia will be small, disreputable, and unimportant compared to CZ in a few more years. Uh, ;-)'
- I like and admire Larry very much. I actually think his role in the early days of Wikipedia is under-appreciated.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On July 16th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net