linda mccartney Quotes
Linda McCartney QuotesBirth Date: 1941-09-24 (Wednesday, September 24th, 1941)
Date of Death: 1998-04-17 (Friday, April 17th, 1998)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- But I wanted marriage for myself. I was not calculating about it. I wish I was more calculating.
- Cooking for six people every day is like having a cafe.
- He is a terrible planner, though. So am I.
- He is not in the least arrogant. The last album was written in a room in Sussex. He was like a mad professor, spending all day writing and then coming out with brilliant tunes.
- I don't like being told what to do.
- I don't need a lot of money. Simplicity is the answer for me.
- I had daydreams and fantasies when I was growing up. I always wanted to live in a log cabin at the foot of a mountain. I would ride my horse to town and pick up provisions. Then return to the cabin, with a big open fire, a record player and peace.
- I think hard drugs are disgusting. But I must say, I think marijuana is pretty lightweight.
- I wasn't looking for another marriage. I had been married before. He is a nice man - a geologist, an Ernest Hemingway type. But Paul and I married because of convention.
- I won't be having any more kids, though. Four is enough.
- I would like them all to enjoy life and try different things until there is something they really like.
- I would travel only by horse, if I had the choice.
- If slaughterhouses had glass walls the whole world would be vegetarian.
- In our position, we could have a big house with maids and chauffeurs - but what's the point of having kids if you have all that?
- My mother was killed in a plane crash, so I hate travelling in planes. Death is so unexpected. I would actually rather stay at home and not go anywhere.
- Our kids haven't any airs about them. I don't like posh kids who don't like dirty dolls or expect a chauffeur every time they go out.
- Out of the six of us, I am the quietest.
- Paul also gets embarrassed when singing on his own, with new songs, for the first time. He shouldn't, but he does.
- Paul persuaded me to join the band. I would never have had the courage otherwise. It was fun at the beginning. We were playing just for fun, with Paul's group.
- The gap from our first meeting to living together was less than a year. He proposed, though I am too embarrassed to say how.
- They all have some talent. Mary plays the recorder beautifully. I am not pushing them on, though. They are pretty good at the moment just being kids.
- We are really happy. But I am like anyone - no one knows how long marriage is going to last.
- We are really on top of one another at the moment and I think it is amazing how we stay so close. Maybe that's the test. Why not totally put yourself together, rather than always wonder whether you actually like each other?
- We both came from families in which parents got married, had children and the whole thing. So we were not the kind of people to live together permanently.
- We have lasted this long close together, so we must have something going for each other.
- We might plan a trip to London. Then it is a sunny day and we want to stay at home.
- We moved there a year ago, just as a weekend place. Then we decided to move out of London completely. We will eventually have to work it out a bit more, because you can't have a little boy living with his sisters like that, can you? But we like the idea of closeness.
- We spend so much time together, because that's how we like it. I never used to go on girl's nights out, even at school. And Paul has never liked going out for a night with the boys, either.
- We think we want to do something and when it comes to it, we don't. We don't like to commit.
- When I first toured with Wings things that were said about me were true - I did sing out of tune.
- When I married Paul, we lived in St John's Wood in London. We had nice next-door neighbours, but you don't know anyone else. Everyone lives in isolation.
- When Paul was arrested in Japan for having hash in his luggage, I thought he'd be out that night. But it became really serious stuff when he was kept in a cell. I became more fearful as the days went by.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 24th||Who Also Died On April 17th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net