john marshall Quotes
John Marshall QuotesBirth Date: 1755-09-24 (Wednesday, September 24th, 1755)
Date of Death: 1835-07-06 (Monday, July 6th, 1835)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
john marshall life timeline
|John Marshall is appointed the Chief Justice of the United States.||Tuesday, January 20th, 1801|
|John Marshall is sworn in as Chief Justice of the United States.||Wednesday, February 4th, 1801|
|Chief Justice John Marshall declares that any act of U.S. Congress that conflicts with the Constitution is void.||Monday, February 14th, 1803|
- It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is...If two laws conflict with each other, the courts must decide on the operation of each...This is of the very essence of judicial duty.
- The people made the Constitution, and the people can unmake it. It is the creature of their own will, and lives only by their will.
- The law does not expect a man to be prepared to defend every act of his life which may be suddenly and without notice alleged against him.
- The acme of judicial distinction means the ability to look a lawyer straight in the eyes for two hours and not hear a damned word he says.
- We must never forget that it is a constitution we are expounding.
- This provision is made in a constitution, intended to endure for ages to come, and consequently, to be adapted to the various crises of human affairs.
- Let the end be legitimate, let it be within the scope of the constitution, and all means which are appropriate, which are plainly adapted to that end, which are not prohibited, but consist with the letter and spirit of the constitution, are constitutional.
- The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On September 24th||Who Also Died On July 6th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net