logan pearsall smith Quotes
Logan Pearsall Smith QuotesBirth Date: 1865-10-18 (Wednesday, October 18th, 1865)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists in the circulation of their blood.
- Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own.
- I cannot forgive my friends for dying; I do not find these vanishing acts of theirs at all amusing.
- What music is more enchanting than the voices of young people, when you can't hear what they say?
- The test of a vocation is the love of the drudgery it involves.
- It is the wretchedness of being rich that you have to live with rich people.
- To suppose, as we all suppose, that we could be rich and not behave as the rich behave, is like supposing that we could drink all day and keep absolutely sober.
- How many of our daydreams would darken into nightmares if there seemed any danger of their coming true!
- There are few sorrows, however poignant, in which a good income is of no avail.
- There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve the second.
- The indefatigable pursuit of an unattainable perfection, even though it consist in nothing more than the pounding of an old piano, is what alone gives a meaning to our life on this unavailing star.
- People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading.
- How can they say my life is not a success? Have I not for more than sixty years got enough to eat and escaped being eaten?
- All Reformers, however strict their social conscience, live in houses just as big as they can pay for.
- Most people sell their souls, and live with a good conscience on the proceeds.
- When they come downstairs from their Ivory Towers, Idealists are very apt to walk straight into the gutter.
- Thank heavens, the sun has gone in, and I don't have to go out and enjoy it.
logan pearsall smith
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On October 18th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net