marianne moore Quotes
Marianne Moore QuotesBirth Date: 1887-11-15 (Tuesday, November 15th, 1887)
Date of Death: 1972-02-05 (Saturday, February 5th, 1972)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- War is pillage versus resistance and if illusions of magnitude could be transmuted into ideals of magnanimity, peace might be realized.
- O to be a dragon, a symbol of the power of Heaven - of silkworm size or immense; at times invisible. Felicitous phenomenon!
- A writer is unfair to himself when he is unable to be hard on himself.
- You are not male nor female, but a plan deep-set within the heart of man.
- that which is impossible to force, it is impossible to hinder.
- I, too, dislike it: there are things that are important beyond all this fiddle. Reading it, however, with a perfect contempt for it, one discovers in it after all, a place for the genuine.
- The deepest feeling always shows itself in silence; not in silence, but restraint.
- This is a strange fraternity - these sea lions and land lions, land unicorns and sea unicorns; the lion civilly rampant, tame and concessive like the long-tailed bear of Ecuador - the lion standing up against this screen of woven air which is the forest: the unicorn also, on its hind legs in reciprocity.
- So wary as to disappear for centuries and reappear but never caught, the unicorn has been preserved by an unmatched device wrought like the work of expert blacksmiths ...
- He's not out seeing a sight but the rock crystal thing to see - the startling El Greco brimming with inner light - that covets nothing that it has let go. This then you may know as the hero.
- What is our innocence, what is our guilt? All are naked, none is safe.
- Beauty is everlasting and dust is for a time.
- Some speak of things we know, as new; And you, of things unknown as things forgot.
- We Call Them the Brave who likely were reluctant to be brave.
- What of it? We call them brave perhaps? Yes; what if the time should come when no one will fight for anything and there's nothing of worth to save.
- Maine should be pleased that its animal is not a waverer, and rather than fight, lets the primed quill fall. Shallow oppressor, intruder, insister, you have found a resister.
- A symbol from the first, of mastery, experiments such as Hippocrates made and substituted for vague speculation stayed the ravages of plague.
- Staff and effigy of the animal which by shedding its skin is a sign of renewal - the symbol of medicine.
- The problems is mastered - insupportably tiring when it was impending. Deliverance accounts for what sounds like axiom. The Gordian knot need not be cut.
- Love, ah Love, when your slipknot's drawn, One can but say, 'Farewell, good sense.'
- We are what we were at birth, and each trait has remained in conformity with earth's and with heaven's logic: Be the devil's tool, resort to black magic, None can diverge from the ends which Heaven foreordained.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On November 15th||Who Also Died On February 5th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net