miles davis Quotes
Miles Davis QuotesBirth Date: 1926-05-25 (Tuesday, May 25th, 1926)
Date of Death: 1991-09-28 (Saturday, September 28th, 1991)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
- 'For me, music and life are all about style.'
- 'I've changed music four or five times. What have you done of any importance other than be white?'
- The music has gotten thick. Guys give me tunes and they're full of chords. I can't play them...I think a movement in jazz is beginning away from the conventional string of chords, and a return to emphasis on melodic rather than harmonic variation. There will be fewer chords but infinite possibilities as to what to do with them.
- 'If somebody told me I only had an hour to live, I'd spend it choking a white man. I'd do it nice and slow.'
- 'A legend is an old man with a cane known for what he used to do. I'm still doing it.'
- 'Jazz is like blues with a shot of heroin'
- 'Who's that motherfucker? He can't play shit!'
- 'You a motherfucker.'
- 'He plays like somebody is standing on his foot.'
- 'He could very well be the Duke Ellington of Rock 'n' Roll.'
- 'Why'd you put that white bitch on there?'
- 'You can't play anything on a horn that Louis hasn't played.'
- 'I'll play it and tell you what it is later.'
- 'Listen baby, when I say later, I mean it! Later!'
- 'There are no wrong notes.'
- 'My ego only needs a good rhythm section.' On being asked what he looked for in musicians.
- 'When you are creating your own shit, man, even the sky ain't the limit.'
- 'Try taking the fucking horn out of your mouth.'
- 'It's that goddamned motherfucking 'Machine Gun.''
- 'Don't play what's there, play what's not there.'
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On May 25th||Who Also Died On September 28th|
Copyright © www.quotesby.net