nikita khrushchev Quotes
Nikita Khrushchev QuotesBirth Date: 1894-04-17 (Tuesday, April 17th, 1894)
Discover how to find info about file extension apk with articles and other interesting information.
nikita khrushchev life timeline
|Nikita Khrushchev is elected first secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.||Saturday, September 12th, 1953|
|Nikita Khrushchev appointed secretary-general of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.||Sunday, September 13th, 1953|
|The XX Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union begins in Moscow. On the last night of the meeting, Premier Nikita Khrushchev condemns Joseph Stalin s crimes in a secret speech.||Tuesday, February 14th, 1956|
|In his speech On the Personality Cult and its Consequences Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.||Saturday, February 25th, 1956|
|Nikita Khrushchev becomes Premier of the Soviet Union.||Thursday, March 27th, 1958|
|At the opening of the American National Exhibition in Moscow, US vice president Richard Nixon and Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev have a "Kitchen Debate."||Friday, July 24th, 1959|
|Nikita Khrushchev becomes the first Soviet leader to visit the United States.||Tuesday, September 15th, 1959|
|Nikita Khrushchev is barred from visiting Disneyland.||Saturday, September 19th, 1959|
|Cold War: U-2 Crisis of Soviet leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that his nation is holding American U-2 pilot Gary Powers.||Saturday, May 7th, 1960|
|Nikita Khrushchev demands an apology from U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower for U-2 spy plane flights over the Soviet Union thus ending a Big Four summit in Paris.||Monday, May 16th, 1960|
|Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disorders a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.||Thursday, September 29th, 1960|
|Cold War: Nikita Khrushchev pounds his shoe on a desk at United Nations General Assembly meeting to protest a Philippine assertion of Soviet Union colonialist policy being conducted in Eastern Europe||Wednesday, October 12th, 1960|
|Cuban Missile Crisis: Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev announces that he had ordered the removal of Soviet missile bases in Cuba.||Sunday, October 28th, 1962|
|Leonid Brezhnev becomes general secretary of the CPSU and leader of the Soviet Union, ousting Nikita Khrushchev.||Wednesday, October 14th, 1964|
- Yes, today we have genuine Russian weather. Yesterday we had Swedish weather. I can't understand why your weather is so terrible. Maybe it is because you are immediate neighbours of NATO.
- I am very glad to hear this, since I come from the Ukraine. From now on I can sleep peacefully. I will immediately telegraph my daughter in Kiev.
- If Adenauer were here with us in the sauna, we could see for ourselves that Germany is and will remain divided but also that Germany never will rise again.
- If you start throwing hedgehogs under me, I shall throw a couple of porcupines under you.
- Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all.
- My arms are up to the elbows in blood. That is the most terrible thing that lies in my soul.
- Don't you worry about the foreign minister. The foreign minister will do anything I tell him. If I say: 'take down your trousers and sit with your bare bottom on a block of ice', Gromyko will do so until further notice.
- It will keep the wolf out.
- He who cannot eat horsemeat need not do so. Let him eat pork. But he who cannot eat pork, let him eat horsemeat. It's simply a question of taste.
- Politicians are the same all over: they promise to build a bridge even where there is no river.
- If one cannot catch a bird of paradise, better take a wet hen.
- When you are skinning your customers you should leave some skin on to grow again so that you can skin them again.
- Whether you like it or not, history is on our side. We will bury you.
- They talk about who won and who lost. Human reason won. Mankind won.
- If you live among wolves you have to act like a wolf.
- Bombs do not choose. They will hit everything. -BOOM!-
- Call it what you will, incentives are what get people to work harder.
- Do you think when two representatives holding diametrically opposing views get together and shake hands, the contradictions between our systems will simply melt away? What kind of a daydream is that?
- I once said, 'We will bury you,' and I got into trouble with it. Of course we will not bury you with a shovel. Your own working class will bury you.
- We say the name of God, but that is only out of habit.
- They pay little attention to what we say and prefer to read tea leaves.
- The more bombers, the less room for doves of peace.
- Support by United States rulers is rather in the nature of the support that the rope gives to a hanged man.
- Revolutions are the locomotives of history.
- Life is short. Live it up.
- In a fight you don't stop to choose your cudgels.
- If you live among dogs, keep a stick. After all, this is what a hound has teeth for ? to bite when he feels like it!
- The press is our chief ideological weapon.
- All the sparrows on the rooftops are crying about the fact that the most imperialist nation that is supporting the colonial regime in the colonies is the United States of America.
- I will die...people will place my actions on a balance. On one side the bad, on the other, the kind...and the kind will outweigh.
- I worked in a factory owned by Germans, at coal pits owned by Frenchmen, and at a chemical plant owned by Belgians. There I discovered something about capitalists. They are all alike, whatever the nationality. All they wanted from me was the most work for the least money that kept me alive. So I became a Communist.
- If I do not know everything, then I would say that you know nothing about communism; nothing except fear of it.
- Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything.
- We must select a smaller number of standard designs .. and conduct our mass building programs using only these designs over the course of, say, five years .. and if no better designs turn up, then continue in the same way for the next five years.
- We and you ought not pull on the ends of a rope in which you have tied the knots of war. Because the more the two of us pull the tighter the knot will be tied. And then it will be necessary to cut that knot, and what that would mean is not for me to explain to you. I have participated in two wars and know that war ends when it has rolled through cities and villages, everywhere sowing death and destruction. For such is the logic of war. If people do not display wisdom they will clash like blind moles and then mutual annihilation will commence.
- Kennedy: We have enough missiles to blow you [USSR] up thirty times over. Khrushchev: We have enough to blow you up only once, but that will be enough for us.
- Aircraft carriers, of course are the second most effective weapon in a modern navy (after submarines). I'll admit I felt a nagging desire to have some in our own navy but we couldn't afford to build them. They were simply beyond our means.
- We'll kick you so hard you won't remember your own name.
- The United States now sleeps under a Soviet moon.
- The Grape-fruit satellite.
- A mere flea hop.
- We have beaten you to the moon, but you have beaten us in sausage making.
- The living will envy the dead.
Quotes by Famous People
|Who Were Also Born On April 17th||Who Also Died On |
Copyright © www.quotesby.net